Cross country tour on my XSR900

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a ten day tour from Ohio to the Grand Canyon, Vegas, and Utah's canyons last week with my uncle. We rode an average of 500 miles per day over 9 days of riding. We took one rest day in Vegas and rented a car to see the Hoover dam and the city. Here are some photos.

[img:gal:5102659ad90ebe649d]https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/usergals/2017/09/full-51026-11966-img_4307.jpg[/img]
[img:gal:5102659ad911d7f974]https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/usergals/2017/09/full-51026-11967-img_4310.jpg[/img]
[img:gal:5102659ad911d7f974]https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/usergals/2017/09/full-51026-11968-img_4311.jpg[/img]

Last edited:
Nice photos, looks like a good time. How did the XSR do, and how'd your body take the 500 miles a day with no windscreen? Did you keep track of gas mileage, thinking you probably got 45 mpg or better on a long trip like that.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Nice photos, looks like a good time. How did the XSR do, and how'd your body take the 500 miles a day with no windscreen? Did you keep track of gas mileage, thinking you probably got 45 mpg or better on a long trip like that.

I had very little fatigue, I wear earplugs and a full face and the wind wasn't a problem below 80mph. We generally only rode about 70mph as that was my uncles comfort level on his vstar 1100. I averaged 56.1 mpg for the trip. Many times I was forced to use 87 octane across rural Kansas.

The xsr did amazing. Not a single beat skipped. It's just as reliable as any car imo. The only thing I did was lube the chain at the end of every day.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Awesome road trip !! I'm officially jealous !!

Here are photos from Las Vegas euro cycles. They have quite a few Guzzi's in stock. I spent my time fighting the urge to buy the MV turismo veloce

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08

Here are photos from Las Vegas euro cycles. They have quite a few Guzzi's in stock. I spent my time fighting the urge to buy the MV turismo veloce

They have one less Guzzi since I came a calling, ha !!
laugh.gif

That is a sweet display of MV's but honestly, your XSR is one rock solid bike that will serve you a long long time. Sounds like your trip proved that !

Windshield..........I don't need no stinking windshield! LOL! Good job guys, a trip you'll never forget. Those Yammies are as dependable as a hammer.

Looks like a great time. Thanks for the pictures.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Windshield..........I don't need no stinking windshield! LOL! Good job guys, a trip you'll never forget. Those Yammies are as dependable as a hammer.

Exactly! I prefer the ride without one. Bikes without windscreens are generally quieter to ride imo. The MV is a dream bike, like I told my uncle I love the MV but I guarantee that the Yamaha is at least twice as dependable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back