Ebay Oil Filter price increases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be no problem to get Toyota YZZD3 in a lot of 5 for about 4.50 each. I had to really search and hunt to get some for just over $5 each. Most places want like $7 even as high as $18 each for them. !!

Ebay is not what it used to be.

They may have stopped making them. I know for a fact that the YZZD1 has been superseded by the YZZG2 made in the USA by Purolator, at least for the 22RE engines. Could be a supplier change.

Here's a pack of 10 for $4.49 each. Plus, if you buy two sets of 10, the second set is 10% off, making the total $4.27 per filter.

Or you could just use Wix
smile.gif

inflation? Exchange rates? Last I checked, most everything has gone up in price over time.

Where does "ebay" even get them? Legitimately? Illegitimately? I think it's come around as a more legitimate place to buy so you have more competition.

This year for me ebay > amazon, bigly.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Here's a pack of 10 for $4.49 each. Plus, if you buy two sets of 10, the second set is 10% off, making the total $4.27 per filter.

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

smile.gif

I used to get them in lots of 5 at that price and had lots of options. Now its very hard to find one. Most are WAY hgher.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Where does "ebay" even get them? Legitimately? Illegitimately? I think it's come around as a more legitimate place to buy so you have more competition.

This year for me ebay > amazon, bigly.

Individual sellers on Ebay sell what they have, bought or found at yard sales, etc.
Ebay does nothing but sit back and skims sellers about 13% off the top!

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
Ebay is not what it used to be.

They keep increasing their fees!!!!

They're killing all their good sellers off... in 10 years, they'll be dead.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
inflation? Exchange rates? Last I checked, most everything has gone up in price over time.

+1. Plus, that pesky Supply vs. Demand concept.

Ebay was originally the garage sale of the internet. Today it is mostly legitimate small business sellers. Amazon caters to bigger business sellers and also sells themselves, which ebay does not except for ebay branded shipping supplies that are available to their sellers.

I used to get 10 oem yzzd3 for $40 shipped free, I think im going to use the yzzd1 which is slightly smaller and its the factory filter for my truck.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ten-10-90915-YZZD1-Genuine-Toyota-Oil-Filters-w-Drain-Gaskets-Avalon-Camry/351752102156?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back