Nokian Entyre 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a set on the buy 3 get one free labor day sale at Jack Williams Tire, 225/45/17.

Haven't really drove them all that hard yet but they handle very well on gravel, dry and wet asphalt. Very quiet and stable on the hwy too.
Stiff sidewalls but still comfortable enough for me. Did I mention they're very quiet..

I expect them to do well in the snow, within reason. Also have Nokian's on a 03 Ranger (Vatiiva) and a 08 Liberty (Rotiiva) and have been happy with them.

Entyre 2.0

pl.jpg

pl2.jpg

Last edited:
Haha. too funny. The two great test manipulators, paired up together.
33.gif

Ribbing aside, nice looking car. I'm sure the tires will serve you well. Just not as well as the public was led to believe.
50.gif

Last edited:
congrats!

I have the older style in 205/50R17 on my mazda5. They are really quiet and also good handling.

SO,.... aHem, Cough cough, how did you test their adherence ?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: pandus13
congrats!

I have the older style in 205/50R17 on my mazda5. They are really quiet and also good handling.

wink.gif

I live on a mountain top overlooking the Delaware river. Lots of twisty roads (And great trout streams).

With all the up and down driving and the tight turns neither tires or brakes last very long here. And even less on the GTI.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
probably be getting the Nokian Z-line A/S next season. Trade some tread wear for better grip.

I don't expect much over 30k on these, and so far I like the grip.

I'm currently shopping for tires and considered the Entyre's. although a major consumer testing organization indicates that their testing extrapolates to only 35k tread life.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
I'm currently shopping for tires and considered the Entyre's. although a major consumer testing organization indicates that their testing extrapolates to only 35k tread life.

From CR:

Qualifications for Reimbursement
In addition to treadwear warranties, tires are also evaluated by Uniform Tire Quality Grading (UTQG), a government standard to allow tire comparisons.

Tires with an 80,000-mile treadwear warranty and UTQG treadwear grade of 720 that wear evenly on all four tires down to treadwear indicators of 2/32-inch during first half of the warranty (up to 40,000 miles) will be eligible for free replacement cost by Nokian Tyres.

Beyond that mileage, treadwear will be pro-rated, but the first 40,000 miles will not be counted toward the replacement cost. So for example, if your tires wear-out at 60,000 miles, you pay 50 percent of the cost (half-way between 40,001 to 80,000 miles).

Tires with a 60,000-mile treadwear warranty and UTQG Treadwear grade of 580 in specific 17- and 18-inch tire sizes will have a free replacement cost between up to 30,000 miles. For those who go over, a credit will be applied from 30,001 to 60,000 miles.

Note that tires purchased online are not eligible.

We welcome manufacturers enhancing warranties and consider this a helpful move by Nokian. But this does underscore how tire performance can vary and savvy buyers will want to consult our test findings before buying replacement rubber for their car.

If I wear them out before the warranty ends and they give me new ones I'm ok with that.

My dad's car had Nokian enTyres on for a while and they were fine. Noticed some minor cracking within a year but nothing crazy. They handled good in snow and wear slowly. They're alittle noisy now, but meh could be that my car is quieter.

He hit the curb not too long ago and got entyre 2.0s on the front. So far so good(I think he got another flat last week.....). The 2.0 tread doesn't look as "cool" to me as the original but it rides quiet so no complaints;

Update:

So with some winter weather here in PA under way, I have driven them in ice, snow, sleet.

I like them in snow a lot. Traction and braking is fine.
I live on a mountain top with hills and curves and had no issues coming or going.

Nice on cold days in the dry, they were a tiny bit squirmy in the summer heat.

Like other Nokian all seasons that I own/owned they have more of a winter tire feel than a all season.

Stay warm!

IMG_20180107_1343391.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Originally Posted By: pandus13
congrats!

wink.gif

I live on a mountain top overlooking the Delaware river. Lots of twisty roads (And great trout streams).

With all the up and down driving and the tight turns neither tires or brakes last very long here. And even less on the GTI.

So you're in the Poconos, somewhere around Delaware Water Gap area, is my guess.

Used to live in the area

Update:

So with some winter weather here in PA under way, I have driven them in ice, snow, sleet.

I live on a mountain top with hills and curves and had no issues coming or going.

That is hard to believe.

Quote:
Like other Nokian all seasons that I own/owned they have more of a winter tire feel than a all season.

This tyre may be sold as an "all season" in the US, but to the rest of the world, that is a summer tyre profile.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turboseize
Update:

That is hard to believe.

Quote:

This tyre may be sold as an "all season" in the US, but to the rest of the world, that is a summer tyre profile.

The Entyre is not sold to the rest of the world. Likewise, the Z-line all-season is a unique product to the US/Canada market, not sold in the ROW.

Yes, I checked Nokians website - the EnTyre 2.0 is not offered in Europe. Still, the tread pattern clearly is a summer-only design. No way this can work in the snow.

Well, they surely know how to make great winter and decent summer tyres. They even build an all-wheather tyre that consistently beats winter tyres on snow, ice and slush - see the british AutoExpress all-season tests: The Nokian Weatherproof is the better winter tyre than the test-winning reference winter tyre (Conti TS 860).

Those Finns are smart. Maybe they also have learned how to sell summer tyres to the american public calling them "all seasons".
cool.gif

Last edited:
Well, they surely know how to make great winter and decent summer tyres. They even build an all-wheather tyre that consistently beats winter tyres on snow, ice and slush - see the british AutoExpress all-season tests: The Nokian Weatherproof is the better winter tyre than the test-winning reference winter tyre (Conti TS 860).

Those Finns are smart. Maybe they also have learned how to sell summer tyres to the american public calling them "all seasons".
cool.gif

Thanks for calling me smart. I grew up in Helsinki and learned to drive in the winter.

I stand by my comments about the Entyre 2.0.

cool.gif

Nokian all weather beat TS860 in winter test?
shocked.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Brits and winter driving? Tell me you are joking.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

cool.gif

Nokian all weather beat TS860 in winter test?
shocked.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Brits and winter driving? Tell me you are joking.

That brits have produced Colin McRae and Richard Burns, so they do know how to drive in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back