Honda Oil Filter Cut and Paste 9k+OCI 365k Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is off a friends 2007 Civic with 365k miles. The engine has never been opened up for any reason. The OCI was determined by the OLM and was done at 9k plus miles.

Oil changes have always been done at the dealer using Valvoline non synthetic bulk oil and a Honda filter at intervals ranging from 6k miles to 10k miles. The OLM has always been followed and the oil gets changed when the monitor gets down to 20 percent or less, Usually 10 to 0 percent. Driving is mostly highway with frequent full throttle acceleration.

If anything this has shown me that going above and beyond on maintenance isn't necessarily going to get you anything extra. Sure some engines are more prone to sludging and whatnot, but on most engines dino oil does just fine.

Looks good-FYI, since the first of the year (2017), all Valvoline 5W20 & 5W30 bulk oil has been labeled synthetic blend, and some theories stipulate that it's been a blend since SN was released-
http://content.valvoline.com/pdf/premium_conventional.pdf
VWB is good stuff, I've been running my last three company vans on VWB & MaxLife (gas engine), & Premium Blue (diesel), and have had ZERO oil problems, including getting 260K out of a variable vane turbo on a 6.0 PSD.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looks good-FYI, since the first of the year (2017), all Valvoline 5W20 & 5W30 bulk oil has been labeled synthetic blend, and some theories stipulate that it's been a blend since SN was released-

*Probably* longer than that.

The oil change is already a bargain at just over 20 dollars, if synthetic or semi synthetic is used it can't be beat. And if you ask them nicely and they have time they will wash the car.

What an amazing value.

That one has the good wide landing for the ADBV seal to the base plate. Looks great. I would keep doing whatever it is he was doing to get 365K. It works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back