Restore faded plastic trim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I was stupid/lazy to cover lower plastic trim on my 2016 Pilot while doing paint correction. It looks pretty horrendous now with white faded blemishes. I got some CG Black on Black that kind of masks but once it rains or I wash the car it all gets washed off right away. So my question to you folks out there if you have any good permanent solution on how bring it back to original color/condition. Any products that are capable of doing that? Any ideas?

Thanks

Sounds like you stained the trim with polish. Not much to do but dilute some APC and then rub rub rub until your arms fall off.

Try the above with a mr clean magic eraser or its clones. Youd be suprised what it gets out.

Might try a pressure washer on it as well after leting some ipa soak on it for a few minutes to soften it up.

So you're basically saying that trimmed is contaminated with polish and APC will remove it? I thought that it basically has been discolored by polish...

Have does this thing stands out in terms of longevity? would it get washed off after first wash/rain?

Nope its just down in the texture of the plastic. Hard to get out by wiping.

The poorboys and back to black are for sun faded black trim no wax coated trim.

Last edited:
ahhhhh fawk, sloppy I am. I got some meguiars APC, any idea how concentrated should it be?

Thanks

Well, it looks like plain and simple pencil eraser works like magic. took it right off. very impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back