How is your garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My real fathers is wonderful. This came out of it
smile.gif

Ripe tomatoes, and pumpkins already growing. Banana peppers are very mild honestly. I made coleslaw with some purple cabbage he gave me and have some regular cabbage, carrots and other
Goodness in crock pot.

I hope you folks garden is doing well

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
A garden can be your secret to good health.

Very true and I love my garden. I have some cabbage coming along great as well as habanero and hot Hungarian wax peppers
wink.gif

I hope you are doing well sir
smile.gif

Mine is so so. Had a good crop of broccoli earlier and have some seeds sprouted to plant in a couple weeks. Bell peppers coming on late as is usual. Tomatoes a bit thin. So much rain for the last three years it's hard to keep enough nutrients in the soil.

Time to plant a winter rye cover crop on some of the beds.

I live in Phoenix, where it's been topping 110 degrees multiple days each week for months.. my garden is a dry, crispy graveyard.

I am, however, hoping to clean that up and start with some new plants in about a month. Hopefully, if we don't get a frost, it will last until May.

My first garden at this location was great until hail hit it last week.

We have harvested about 5 bushels of Summer Squash, Cucumbers, radishes, onions and lettuce, and it's only 4 feet wide by 40 feet long. So much that we have given much of it to neighbors.

However, the squash and cucumbers continue to produce in spite of their injuries.

New lettuce and radishes will be maturing soon.

The tomatoes on the deck did not fare well this year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I live in Phoenix, where it's been topping 110 degrees multiple days each week for months.. my garden is a dry, crispy graveyard..

You have just described my Australian garden. The only plant growing well is the rosemary.

I have 2 cherry bomb pepper stalks. When all is tone they will probably yield well over 200 peppers 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch in diameter. My one cherry tomato plant will yield many hundreds. I do the equivalent of miracle grow every week and they bake in the hot sun. I do water almost daily.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I live in Phoenix, where it's been topping 110 degrees multiple days each week for months.. my garden is a dry, crispy graveyard.

I am, however, hoping to clean that up and start with some new plants in about a month. Hopefully, if we don't get a frost, it will last until May.

People back east don't understand the concept of rushing out to harvest the tomatoes in mid-June before they stew on the vine. I thought Phoenix was pretty challenging. You basically have two relatively short growing seasons. The early March to early June growing season, and then a fall season, with just enough cold weather to kill everything with frost by mid-December.

The bug pressure at least was pretty light.

It must be similar to Australia as described above. I had an entire hedge of Rosemary. Going out on a warm summer morning to trim the hedge, then raking up $1,500 worth of spices from your yard is a not-to-be-missed gardening experience.

Wish I had grown figs. Arizona is fig heaven and some of them produce two crops a year.

Last edited:
The previous owners of my house made a pretty big garden pit, complete with fencing and a gate. I haven't done anything with it so it's all weeds, and not the good kind, either.

Maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back