VIRGIN Puro P1 PL20195 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy holidays folks
smile.gif

Back from wonderful time visiting my real dad and his 6 siblings.

Member bigsmoke mailed me this filter so thought I'd cut it open. Glad I didn't use it; look at that ADBV.

Kinda sad actually

Enjoy the pictures and everyone have a safe and responsible Labor Day

Tends to dispel the idea the ADBV is being cut after the filter has been used for a while does it not?

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Tends to dispel the idea the ADBV is being cut after the filter has been used for a while does it not?

Not to mention that the media looks like it's wanting to tear before it even gets used.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
There's something seriously wrong with the inlet threads.

Ya think LOL!

Yeah, Puro quality is
21.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd think using the filter and the ADBV flexing over and over on those sharp edges makes the cuts even worse.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I'd think using the filter and the ADBV flexing over and over on those sharp edges makes the cuts even worse.
No argument here, but I have seen comments where someone said there was no way of knowing if it happened at the factory or after many miles of use. I guess we can put that one to bed.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
No argument here, but I have seen comments where someone said there was no way of knowing if it happened at the factory or after many miles of use. I guess we can put that one to bed.

Very true sir
smile.gif

Looks like the issues with Purolators have been resolved.
The haters can go elsewhere...!
Thanks Adam....
You should have used this beauty...

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Thanks Adam....

Jim: Im glad I did NOT use this

Originally Posted By: car51
Thanks Adam....

lol.......
Just last week we were told the Puro thing was all drama...

Originally Posted By: car51
Thanks Adam....

lol.......

Just last week we were told the Puro thing was all drama...

The 2 Eco Guards I nabbed at $1.61 each are better than this junk

That's an old stock PureONE too, round holes and yellow paint so this cutting ADBV issue has been happening for awhile it looks like. Too bad, I miss the round hole Purolators, that's my biggest complaint about the new ones is the itty bitty louvers that are barely open or completely closed on 90% of them. Not much point in having a filter if it's in bypass mode the entire OCI!

Please share those pics on social media! We should let others know about this issue. In my humble personal opinion!

Cheers,

Pajero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back