Donating to Harvey Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Although I do support the Red cross with a $20 donation each year. I would like to in addition give where there is no administrative expense. Has anyone found an organizations that does not take a cut?

I wish I knew. I recall an article stating that some charities are better than others with that respect. I hate most for the reason the ones who run them seem to be millionaires.

Donate at Walmart. Walmart doubles the amount you give so a $50 contribution becomes $150 to victims. Check with WM to see how long this program lasts.

I give to Mennonite Disaster Service. Their administrative overhead is ~11.7% fwiw.

LDS Charaties uses 100% all donated money for relief efforts.
The overhead cost is covered by the LDS Church itself.

While no direct link to donate for Hurricane Harvey, you can add a note that it be used for that on their donation page.

Also, a FZ1 mentioned, the Walmart deal going on is a great way as well (not sure what their overhead is, but a 2:1 match makes up for it right now for sure).

Originally Posted By: Al
Although I do support the Red cross with a $20 donation each year. I would like to in addition give where there is no administrative expense. Has anyone found an organizations that does not take a cut?

if you pay bills online, per your bank, you can do it there. you just need to create another payee.

Stores here are set up at the cash register - so I have given at both WM & HEB ... also give $1000/year to United Way - I know they have overhead but it's the only payroll deduction option I have ...

Last edited:
Wound up donating food. We have a local spouting/roofing contractor (Century Spouting). They are filling trucks and taking the food down to shelters.
I am gonna keep my eyes open for more of this.

Last edited:
Donate to Nick1994 ! He needs an aluminum radiator with 3 electric fans kit for his Jeep.

If a hundred of us chipped in $5 each, he could have it.
thankyou2.gif

I used to live in Katy and I now have my Katy neighbor family moving in with me in Southern California until they can get things sorted out. What the flooding didn't take the looters got. Their house has no roof on it and the fencing, trees and other landscaping are nowhere to be seen. They've lost everything. I sold some stuff in the garage to finance a shopping spree this morning and we had a blast going around to local stores. Friends and neighbors here are helping, too.

I'm not very smart about charitable organizations and I know that some of them are rip off artists, so this is what I decided to do.

umcor.org

This is organized by the United Methodist Church.
Like LDS, the donations go 100% to the victim not to fund the office, etc.

Never donate based on Twitter request.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back