Glock 17L

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching many limited production runs go by and not acting I finally purchased one.
I love the long sight radius and it joins my 24C as my 2 favorite Glocks. Better accuracy and maximum velocity. I have owned many different Glocks but these are the only ones I'll keep.

Same here. Got mine a couple weeks ago. Had to drive over 100 miles one way to get it. Got it at regular ol' Glock pricing, pretty good because I came real close to spending $1000 on Gunbroker. I've been wanting one for long time. Feels good to finally take possession. Great shooter. Definitely a keeper.

Have never owned a Glock . Do not think I have ever fired one .

Have heard a lot about the brand , both positive and negative .

I do own one polymer handgun , a Springfield XD .45 ACP . A friend owned it & was in a bind for cash . He offered it to me & I took it off his hands . Fired it a few times . Different from what I was accustomed to . Can not say better or worse , just different .

Had one for years, great gun. It is not my "carry gun"...so why not get the longest barrel?

My Ruger 22 is a 6 7/8" govt target

My Browning HP is a 6" Competition GP

Originally Posted By: ammolab
Had one for years, great gun. It is not my "carry gun"...so why not get the longest barrel?

I agree. My 17-L is strictly going to be a range gun. I have the 17, 19, and 26 if I want the same gun in something suitable for carry.

vkMLmIU.jpg

By the way, CDNN has a good sale going on now for OEM Glock factory magazines, if anyone is interested.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.htm...rer=GLOCK%20INC

I had a beautiful clear, cool, still morning today. So I headed out to the range with the new Glock 17-L, and a good supply of ammo. I brought along the following:

100 rounds Federal Champion boxer brass 115 Gr. FMJ

100 rounds of Federal American Eagle 124 Gr. FMJ

50 rounds of Fiocchi 115 Gr. FMJ

100 rounds of Federal 115 Gr. +P+ JHP (9BPLE)

All 350 rounds fed, fired, and ejected without a hiccup out of both magazines. At 25 yards the adjustable Glock sights printed dead on. This gun is a joy to shoot. That long barrel really helps in the accuracy dept. A 6 O'clock hold chewed out the bull in all of the targets. The only thing I noticed was the Federal 9BPLE printed about an inch or 2 higher than the rest. But not enough to worry about. All the Internet talk about this gun being picky with 115 Gr. FMJ was nonsense. It shoots it as good as any other weight ammo.

It performed in the typically boring Glock fashion. Not a single thing to complain about. This trigger is without question the best of any Glock pistol I own. And it got better the more I shot it. But after 350 rounds, I was getting tired of loading magazines. I was totally happy with the guns performance, so I decided to pack it in, and head for home. Afterward I gave it a field strip, along with a good wet cleaning. And she's ready for another trip to the range. If you are walking the fence on one of these 17-L's, don't hesitate to grab one. You'll be very pleased how accurately this pistol shoots.

Originally Posted By: Garak
All you needed was a bunch of 30 round magazines to make it easier, Bill.
wink.gif

I picked up a bunch of OEM Glock 33 rounder's, back before the Obama election scare. And they are fun. But after 17 rounds I'm ready to take a breather.
grin.gif

I've seen those tools advertised for years. I just never got around to trying one.

Once you do you'll never go to the range without one. It's one of those things like a microwave oven, or a garage door opener. After you try it, you'll wonder how you lived without one for so long.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I've seen those tools advertised for years. I just never got around to trying one.

Once you do you'll never go to the range without one. It's one of those things like a microwave oven, or a garage door opener. After you try it, you'll wonder how you lived without one for so long.

They're also great for folks who don't have the dexterity or strength to jam those last rounds on a long mag. My wife couldn't get more than 15 rounds in a G17 mag without one.

Originally Posted By: ATex7239
They're also great for folks who don't have the dexterity or strength to jam those last rounds on a long mag. My wife couldn't get more than 15 rounds in a G17 mag without one.

A lot of high capacity magazines are very difficult to get the last 3 or 4 rounds in. Colt 9 MM AR-15 magazines are most all this way. If you fill one to capacity, (32 or 33 rounds), your fingers and thumb will be too sore to do it again. Also as you mentioned, Glock 17 round 9 MM mags can be difficult for the last couple of rounds until they get broken in good. Usually after 500 rounds or so.

An Uplula makes it all but effortless. I liked mine so well I bought 2 of them. I always keep one in my truck, just in case I forget to put one in my range bag or cart. It's about the best $30 bucks you can spend.

Originally Posted By: ATex7239

Yep, back when 17 round mags were legal here, I'd be getting a little frustrated when I hit the fifth magazine when I was loading a whack at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back