Suggestion for what mileage to test Edge 5w20 HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

In my 2009 Toyota Matrix, I dropped in some Castrol Edge 5w20 HM about 6k miles ago. Have the "MAINT REQD" light going on right now, but I had thoughts to run the oil to 7k and send it in for my first oil analysis. I already got some M1 EP 5w20 to change the oil out with when the time is right. Went with M1 to get the $12 rebate, otherwise the Edge HM has "felt" great in the Matrix's engine.

Should I send it in now, wait till 7k, wait till 7.5k? Just interested in what seems to be a common practice with an oil like Edge HM.

Thanks!

Change the oil now. Forget the UOA since the oil felt good and spend your money on oil and filter change. .02.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
Send it in now

IMO +1;

Since you plan on a UOA, send it now then you'll be sure of the oil's condition....Edge is generally good for more than 6000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Send it in now

IMO +1;

Since you plan on a UOA, send it now then you'll be sure of the oil's condition....Edge is generally good for more than 6000 miles.

I thought I had read several UOA's here on Edge oil's way past 5K. I intended on changing it at 5K, but my dad's been driving the car way more than I have lately, so I just now realized the oil is about to pass 6K.

Checking it now will let you know if you can run to 8k, or 10k, or more. You need data to make a sound decision. Otherwise you should change it and forget the UOA

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dumc87
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Send it in now

IMO +1;

I thought I had read several UOA's here on Edge oil's way past 5K. I intended on changing it at 5K, but my dad's been driving the car way more than I have lately, so I just now realized the oil is about to pass 6K.

Take a sample and leave it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back