Luqui moly mos2 or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 5.7 Vortex engine with a small leak from rear main seal, and maybe back of oil pan, or perhaps just one. It's maybe half a quart per my 5k mile oil change.

I use PUP 10w30, and I'm very strict with my vehicles, they only use the same oil that I decide on never swap brands due to not liking to mix oil ( regardless if it's harmful or not ) which leads to the question, is it okay to mix it with a G2L oil? I'd normally repair the seals properly but as of lately I work 100+ hrs weekly. And I do all my own work, so a shop touching it is out of the question since it's restored and highly modded both Engine and trans, heck even have a coolant filtering kit on it.

I've read many postings on this site giving it good rating, but not one particular to my concern.

First post, long time reader for many years.

I'm not a big fan of using over the counter additives in the crankcase. Been there done that on most products (except this one).

Why not try Pennzoil Platinum HM?

I assume you're talking about Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver. I've used it in my Alfa, which is a chronic oil leaker. So far it's been less than 400 miles but I believe it IS closing up some of the leaks. I believe the reputation of the product is pretty good, but time will tell.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Is it a leak you're trying to stop? If it's a leak their Motor Oil Saver is a better suited product for leaks than MOS2.

Leave it until you have time to fix it, they way you know how.
Your pan maybe a bit loose, it might just need a re-torque. No additive will fix a loose pan.

Yes, my mistake the oil saver. And yes I hate using oil additives, but this one peaked an interest.

And I did one 5k miles with platinum high mileage, no change same loss.

Motor Oil Saver is what you want, which is an ester based product. One can is sufficient for 5L (5.3 quarts) of oil, you may wish to purchase a second can to make sure you have enough for your 6 quart (IIRC) sump. Give it ~500 miles to do its job.

I was down about 1/4 liter topped it up with Lucas Engine Oil Stop Leak 2 weeks ago and no oil loss since then. Besides stopping leaks it is an additive for worn and older engines, reducing engine noise and oil consumption while raising oil pressure.

Lucas black stone labs tests show it's very little more than base stock more so just a thickener, I have 80 cold and 60 oil pressure hot on syn 10w30.And although it's a old engine design it's not old, it's restored, with advancements that we have today.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Dump the full syn ( at next OCI) and try Pennzoil bronze bottle - NOT gold bottle. Its a great oil.

Although I agree whole hearted (+1) bronze bottle doesn't exist anymore
smile.gif

It's YBRC - Yellow Bottle Red Cap

LiquiMoly MOS2 is a fantastic product, significant reduction in friction which means more mpg&bhp.

It is NOT a substitute for replacing a failed gasket. Only REPLACING the failed gasket will stop the leak.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
AT205 Reseal

And quit with the synthetic until you have time to do those seals. The syn can get out more easily.

I have used AT-205 as well with great results.

I had a small leak at the rear main seal on my Chevy 5.3. I had been using NAPA 5w30 full synthetic. Switched to Valvoline Maxlife 5w30 and no more leak. However, my truck does have 190,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back