Wix cartridge for jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm in charge of maintenance for my friends and family. Just ordered a few oil filters and wipers for a few cars from rock auto. It appears there is a tiny gasket missing from a wix WL10010.
I'll attach a pic. Where the chopstick is pointing. Should I request a replacement or is that little gasket on the pointy end not supposed to be there? I could have sworn I've seen some that had something there. Should I use it or get another? I'm in no hurry and I'm not familiar with this type of filter at all.
TYIA

Yes, there should be an o-ring there. Was the replacement o-ring for the cap in the box?

The big O ring for the cap is there. But I have done this before and I was sure there was a tiny one on that pointy end. And this one does not have that tiny one

Trying to decide if I would reuse the o-ring off the old filter...probably not worth chancing, it's probably swollen.

Well thank you. I knew someone here would have to know. I guess I just got "lucky" with this one.
I think rock auto has decent customer service and We got another 2k miles before I need it.
I knew something didn't look right haha

An O-ring should be there. You might also want to consider the Fram Ultra XG11665
smile.gif

2014 wrangler uses cartridge filter .....less waste and differences in filter design if it's just a paper cartridge
What I think anyway

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Trying to decide if I would reuse the o-ring off the old filter...probably not worth chancing, it's probably swollen.

Swollen how?

Reusing the old O-ring should be just fine.

Call up customer service and explain your issue and tell them you want a replacement for your trouble sent to. If they don't fix your issue they've lost a customer IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back