Got a rust free Prius for $750 and it just needs a

couple cells in the Nimh battery pack, wheel bearing, and miscellaneous tinkering. A fad from last decade is finally in my reach!
banana2.gif

I have Techstream "ebay edition" which apparently interfaces quite completely to these cars. But my generic scan tool was able to read cells 7 & 8 as being the duds. The car always runs when it's on and the rear seat makes a fan noise as a fail safe for the traction battery.

More later, chaps!

It's a 2005 with 235k and I'm gonna watch lots of youtube videos before I tear into her.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: CKN
Probably one of the worst high millage buys one can make.......
Nah I had a few worse, a '75 LTD wagon with 268 K miles. An '84 XJ6 with about 250 K miles.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: CKN
Probably one of the worst high millage buys one can make.......

I've also got a 35 year old mercedes w123 diesel upon which the odometer broke around 2001. A different approach to the same problem.
cheers3.gif

Probably more fun to work on than drive. I got a prius as a rental in florida last year. It was a horrible car, i would not be able to stand driving it every day. I'd rather drive my ciera with no air, than a prius.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Probably more fun to work on than drive. I got a prius as a rental in florida last year. It was a horrible car, i would not be able to stand driving it every day. I'd rather drive my ciera with no air, than a prius.

Ywh, but its broken, so that's OK

Similarly (but different), if my motorcycles weren't broken most of the time, I'd probably be dead.

Dunno about a Prius but I'd quite like a MkI Honda Insight if one could be had for banger money.

I just gave my son my 2006 Prius with 234K on it. I changed a bad traction battery cel in it around 200K. It used a bit of oil when running at 80 on the highway.

Back