MC. FL910s 50 Hours on Kohler 33 HP- Napa 15w50 FS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut this run short because of other issues. The filter looks new and I put 50 quick hours on it in the upper 90's heat.
I would easily run this out to a 100 hours and since it was under $3.50 I'd toss it after that. Why not????
Adam who?
smile.gif

Always wondered what 50hrs on a Kohler twin engine would look like. Easily 100 and maybe 200 hrs using a Fram Ultra. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Patrick0525
Always wondered what 50hrs on a Kohler twin engine would look like. Easily 100 and maybe 200 hrs using a Fram Ultra. Thank you for sharing.

You could do that with the Motorcraft.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Is that Kohler a Natural gas unit or regular gasoline?

Regular gas model.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Originally Posted By: Patrick0525

You could do that with the Motorcraft.

I do that with the FL910 on my Fusion with 10K OCIs, and have for many years. I also use the 910 on my Briggs 21HP for 1 1/2 year OCI. They always look great. Besides the oil you use is farrr more important than the filter you use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
That filter looks barely used

Notice the filter media in picture two is light in color and darker in the third picture.
I assume the darker side was the side that got less air cooling as it was tight to a body panel.
No issue but it isn't the camera. The media was evenly oil soaked. Looks good.

Cleaning the shop after several months of bargain hunting - alongside of the FL910s are Mobil 1, Fram Ultra, and several Bosch DP's ... same deal, mower and Fusion share filters - eBoost and 5.3L now share filters - 4L60e & Chrysler 300 share filters - Cruze & Charger are cartridge ...

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
That filter looks barely used

Notice the filter media in picture two is light in color and darker in the third picture.
I assume the darker side was the side that got less air cooling as it was tight to a body panel.
No issue but it isn't the camera. The media was evenly oil soaked. Looks good.

Looks good Jim

Dad runs SAE 30 DELO in his 69 SPEEDEX lawnmower as it doesn't have oil filter

Thank you Adam
I unloaded a new TG3614 on it and straight conv. 10w40.............. long story
wink.gif

In the future when they are a deal- under $4 I'll use the MC FL910s- I like WHITE and SADBV's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back