Found several quarts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found several quarts (6) of Formula Shell full synthetic 5w30 unopened in my garage date stamped on the bottom says 4/3/12 ya think its ok to use? Or should I dump it?

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
I found several quarts (6) of Formula Shell full synthetic 5w30 unopened in my garage date stamped on the bottom says 4/3/12 ya think its ok to use? Or should I dump it?

Dump it? Seriously?

The only place it should be dumped into is your engine.

If you pay shipping I'll dispose of it at an approved Government recycling centre.

Originally Posted By: Olas

If you pay shipping I'll dispose of it at an approved Government recycling centre.

Ya know that is nice of you I also have a 4 or 5 Fram Ultras on the shelf that are a year old could you dispose of them too!? ..lol

Here almost 10 years and had to ask? What - are ya just trying to get your post count up because you know the answer....

Use it. It'll probably be 2022 before I use my stash of Pennzoil Ultra, half of which is circa 2012 and 2013.

I'm not sure if Formula Shell has the same propensity towards additive fallout that certain Pennzoil oils do, but given it's an old SOPUS synthetic oil, I would probably warm up the bottles with hot water before shaking them.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

Here almost 10 years and had to ask? What - are ya just trying to get your post count up because you know the answer....

Nothing like that really I just worry about things too much I'm that way with everything

Use it in your lawnmower
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: Insertcoolname
Mobil and others claim it has a shelf life of about 5 years. I would still use it and im sure others here have used older.

Of course Mobil - and all others - will say that and it's not because it will cause any issues. They know you have to BUY MORE to replace it.

Also, note the wording that they used and rest assured it was done this way on purpose: They "recommend" a shelf life. That's effectively saying "we'd like to see you throw it away after five years but we're not saying you have to".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kuato

Nothing like that really I just worry about things too much I'm that way with everything

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back