CQ Blue 84151 | 7,117 Miles | 3 Months [Cut Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dumped the oil in the Explorer yesterday and decided to go ahead and change it in the Powerstroke today. I continually to be impressed with the overall quality of these filters. Purchased on closeout from Rock Auto, they have been the best purchase in filters I have made to date. Solid construction and synthetic wire backed media, which is good because I am starting to extend the OCs a bit. This one was with Chevron Delo 400 LE CJ-4 in 5W-40 and that is what was reinstalled along with another of these CQ Blues made by Affinia (WIX). I have one more of these and then switch to the Clarcor (Baldwin) version of them. The date code was 011614B1 which equates to January 16, 2014 Shift B1. The ADBV was super pliable with no issues noted in it or any other part of the filter. I noticed the baseplate on these filters is incredibly thick (not sure how that compares to OEM) or why I have not noticed until now.

At any rate, enjoy!

AoXM6m.jpg

8NknOe.jpg

74kJEJ.jpg

K09kgK.jpg

MMHuQT.jpg

DiMzrJ.jpg

0Jx0wI.jpg

MYtxiw.jpg

NMHK0d.jpg

tJEINk.jpg

HiQM2z.jpg

OuuQtG.jpg

BvLae7.jpg

Great job PSD. Those Carquest filters were really stout when made by Affinia. Always amazed me at how big my step father's Ford F250 oil filter was. It could have been used as an artillery round
smile.gif

I hope that you and yours are doing well and were spared by that storm.

Looks good, they seem to have the louvers down on this one. Nice photos, thanks for the C&P.

Looks like a very strong filter! How many miles was on it? Thank you for your C&P.

Originally Posted By: Timo325
Looks like a very strong filter! How many miles was on it? Thank you for your C&P.
7,117 miles.

Carquest oil filters are very good.. I word at Advacne and I was surprised when I read the specs.. Also the Heavy Duty CQ oil filters are made by Baldwin .

Read

Carquest offers extensive heavy-duty filter coverage for Agricultural, Fleet, Mining, and Off-Road applications. Whether it’s heavy-duty oil, air, fuel, coolant, transmission or hydraulic filters, top quality Carquest filters will meet all your heavy-duty filtration needs.
HIGH-VELOCITY DUAL-FLOW®, LUBE FILTERS DESIGNED FOR CUMMINS ENGINES

Carquest ® by Baldwin High Velocity Dual-Flow lube filters are designed specifically for use on Cummins ISM, ISX and Series 600 engines. These high-velocity dual-flow spin-on filters trap and contain more contaminants than other filters, providing better engine protection against extended oil-drain intervals, high idle times, and harsh operating conditions.

One inlet and outlet — All lube flows through the filter and directly to the engine, instead of a portion being diverted to the sump, providing better protection of vital components
High-efficiency element — More oil flows through the element, resulting in the removal of more small contaminants, as compared to traditional full-flow/by-pass designs
Patent-pending design — Minimizes lube flow restriction and maximizes contaminant removal and holding capacity

Carquest Blue ® PREMIUM FILTERS ARE BUILT TO MEET OR EXCEED OE SPECIFICATIONS FOR LONG-LASTING ENGINE PROTECTION

Carquest Premium filters keep oil cleaner for longer periods of time, and meet all
new car warranty requirements. These filters are an ideal choice for all vehicle models.

High efficiency and durable cellulose and synthetic fiber blended media provides better engine protection than the average economy oil filter
Blended media has been proven for up to 10,000 miles in taxi cab fleet testing
Quality filters engineered for use with premium conventional or synthetic oil
OE-based construction

Originally Posted By: David1
Carquest oil filters are very good.. I word at Advacne and I was surprised when I read the specs.. Also the Heavy Duty CQ oil filters are made by Baldwin.
Has that recently changed? Circa 2014/2015 they were made by Affinia (WIX) and Clarcor (Baldwin), the FRAM took over. So Clarcor is making them again? If so, great to know.

Originally Posted By: car51
Looks great

Have a wonderful birthday also friend
smile.gif

Many thanks Car51!

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: car51
Looks great

Have a wonderful birthday also friend
smile.gif

Many thanks Car51!

You're welcome, glad to have you here