Mobil 1 5W/30 ??, 4989 Miles, 2005 Civic 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
05_CIVIC_VP_172212.jpg

05_CIVIC_VP_172212als.jpg

This oil is supposed to be Mobil 1 5/30. I was not however charged for Mobil 1 and it was billed as “Dexos 1”. I’m unsure if they were doing me a favor or if its actually something other than M1.

The sodium shows up when the dealer changes the oil, even if I know they use my oil. I suspect this is from the funnel.

Filter is HERE

Under hood and valve cover pictures HERE

This oil has a round trip from Atlanta to Denver as well as some driving around Denver and back and forth from home into Atlanta proper. Mostly highway on this one.

Button that thng up and keep doing what your doing. Ride till the wheels fall off. No more optimization requierd.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Did you send you oil to two different labs?
Amazing how close both look.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I did send the sample to two different labs, the NAPA report is by ALS Tribology’s Atlanta Lab.

I will keep doing something close to what I’m doing, but it currently has M1AP in 0/20 I will pull a sample of this at 10,000 and decide exactly how far to run it.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I did send the sample to two different labs, the NAPA report is by ALS Tribology’s Atlanta Lab.

I will keep doing something close to what I’m doing, but it currently has M1AP in 0/20 I will pull a sample of this at 10,000 and decide exactly how far to run it.

Thanks!
I asked because, I have see(in the past), the same oil/OCI sent to 2 different labs and both results were all over the place compared to one another. Your's are very close to each other...a nice thing!
smile.gif

Last edited:
They are surprisingly close. I too have seen significant disagreement between labs.

Also I was thinking that the last time the dealer changed this it was sodium that showed up but now see it was Potassium. Being as I KNOW what has been in it prior to this, this must be something other than M1 unless the Sodium came from the funnel,
Interested in opinions about what this might be, will ask my friends at dealer next week what they use, though I am pretty sure they use Mobil products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back