3. Red Bull Racing, 199
4. Sahara Force India, 103
5. Williams Martini Racing, 45
6. Scuderia Toro Rosso, 40
7. Haas F1 Team, 35
8. Renault Sport, F1 34
9. McLaren-Honda, 11
10. Sauber, 5

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

3574d4cc23d7ad4e01c2ff07a19e0bd4.jpg

With the championship on the line, the rest of the season should be interesting. F1 drivers have been known to resort to desperate measures to gain such a title. Sometimes a crash is better than a pass.

Force India's Perez and Ocon crashed two times in the last race. It's interesting to see if this pattern continues in Italy also.

I think Mercedes will take team orders into use from this race onward. I.e. Bottas has to let Hamilton pass him whenever needed.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Verstappen will be desperate, and that could make things interesting. Get Kvyat in there, too.
wink.gif

up until the mechanical failure.

1.) On what lap will Perez and Ocon crash into each other?

2.) On what lap will Verstappen break?

3.) On what lap will Alonso retire, and or break?

4.) On what lap will someone poke Whiting to wake him up from his slumber, and activate DRS? Or will he wait until Hamilton is sufficiently ahead so it won't matter?

Originally Posted By: dave123
Thanks for info on times always useful thanks as always

You're welcome. Just FYI I have race time as 7:00AM which is pre-race coverage, actual race starts at 8:00AM.

Today's practice sessions were better than expected for Honda and worse than expected for Renault. If Honda's forthcoming spec. 4 engines gives them both power and efficiency, I really wouldn't be surprised to see them catch Red Bull before the end of the year.

If VER breaks again...boy IDK what. Same if PER and OCO clash.

I'm really hoping Haas can have a double points finish. All of the grid penalties others are taking in advance of Singapore can only help them.

Grosjean's shunt, whose fault?

He seems to blame it on FIA. He obviously realized how bad the conditions were but pressed on anyway. Should the team have told him to cool it or is he just a moron for wrecking when he knows full well the conditions are dangerous?

Difficult to say. At the end of the day he had a pretty harsh warning when he hit the loud pedal. He then moved toward a wetter part of the track and hit the loud pedal again.

It's all a bit of a swimming pool at the moment though.

Wow. Hamilton shows just how good a driver he is by qualifying for pole 1.1 seconds faster than Verstappen who showed how good he is in the rain back in Brazil.

What a way to become the all time leader for number of poles. Amazing.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
He seems to blame it on FIA. He obviously realized how bad the conditions were but pressed on anyway. Should the team have told him to cool it or is he just a moron for wrecking when he knows full well the conditions are dangerous?

Race control obviously has some responsibility. But, no one forced Grosjean to go out, either, or to drive at the rate he did. He could have actually stayed in the garage and then still been at the back of the grid, and had his car in one piece. They could have appealed to allow to race given the conditions and that their time in practice was sufficient.

Hamilton seemed to do well. I don't think the cold track was doing the Ferrari any favours. Now, it's pretty easy to applaud Hamilton, but let's be realistic. He gets lots of poles. Look at what Stroll accomplished. That was almost miraculous.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Difficult to say. At the end of the day he had a pretty harsh warning when he hit the loud pedal. He then moved toward a wetter part of the track and hit the loud pedal again.

It's all a bit of a swimming pool at the moment though.

Yes, I noticed that too from Grosjean's in-car camera. He was running in another car's tire tracks, then they ran out, and his car broke traction and he backed off the gas, but then got back on it. That was when he lost it. Later on, NBCSN showed in-car footage from Hamilton, and the same thing happened to him at almost the same place on the main straight, but he didn't get back on the gas after correcting the slide, and just held speed until braking for the chicane.

I can't remember when I eagerly anticipated a F1 start as much as this one.
I just can't see any way the first lap or even the first corner will be run cleanly.

Hamilton will make a clean start. Bottas will be trying to put a move on Stroll at the same time as Ocon.
Raikkonen may be in this mix as well. If he looks in his mirrors he should see Perez taking out Massa.

Vettel's best bet might be to hang back and pick his way through the pieces. But he better look to his right because Max will
be charging on the outside picking up two or three places.

Well maybe I'll be wrong and it will be a clean start with very little passing on the first lap.
With this mixed up grid I can't see that happening.

I'm wondering how the first lap will turn out, too. In your second paragraph, I'm sure Ocon is quite glad that Perez is a little bit behind him at the outset. He better have the go pedal in order. I wonder how Perez will handle being told to stay out of Ocon's way, with Ocon being ahead of him. I'm not sure either will know what to do if they can't knock each other around.

Yes, Vettel would probably be best to be cautious and skate around the mess and let the safety car get him close. I can't see Stroll hanging that close to Lewis in the long term, but one never knows. Verstappen is seven places behind Vettel, so that shouldn't be a problem unless everything behind Vettel turns ugly, too, and Verstappen sneaks around it.

Well, Martin Brundle should be starting his grid walk fairly soon, so I should be heading to the TV.

Well.... That wasn't as dull as it could have been.

Another double DNF for Honda.. Going to be interesting in the next couple of days when McLaren announce their engine plan moving forward.

Well that might have been the dullest race of the year.
My predictions were wrong on just about everything except Hamilton's start
and the coming together of Perez and Massa. Except for Massa and Max
coming together it was a clean race. When was the last time there was a race without the safety car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back