FRAM XG10575 9,254 Miles | 6 Months [Cut Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The iOLM was down to 9% and so I figured before the next storm hits the Gulf, it was time to change the oil. This is the second of the OCs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum courtesy of Team Pennzoil. Both Ultras (oil and filter) have worked well in my Explorer with no complaints with either. M1 AFE 0W-20 refilled the sump along with another XG10575. I have to say over the past 5 years or so in both my old 2010 FX4 and this 2014 Explorer, I am very satisfied with the consistency of the quality of these FRAM Ultra filters; there is other that even comes close (thanks Jim Allen). As a side note, I picked up 6 new Ultras on eBay today for $29.94 to the door so less than $5.00 each for an Ultra--great bargain for a full synthetic filter.

Enjoy!

HTM487.jpg

WstJKL.jpg

VI4Xdh.jpg

7xYFP7.jpg

PW8vg8.jpg

I like Fram Ultra I think they are a TANK of a oil filter.. I just always wonder how they do for FLOW..
Does it cause the Oil Pump to work harder to get oil through it???

Does it have to go in bypass mode b/c the oil goes through it slower???
Does it require more presuure to get oil to flow??

Originally Posted By: David1
I like Fram Ultra I think they are a TANK of a oil filter.. I just always wonder how they do for FLOW..
Does it cause the Oil Pump to work harder to get oil through it???

Does it have to go in bypass mode b/c the oil goes through it slower???
Does it require more presuure to get oil to flow??

The answer is no to all 3 questions. Read the thread starting to where it pops you into this LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back