Thoughts on Bridgestone Alenza Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not in need of new tires just yet but I have been hearing good things about the Bridgestone Alenza Pluses. My father in law had them from the factory on his Yukon and replaced them with the same. He lives in Buffalo so he has his share of snow and long distance driving. Not sure if anybody else has personal experience on these tires? Quiet? Good traction etc. This would be for the vehicles listed on my signature, more specifically the Traverse

OEM on my Tundra. Quiet. Smooth. Reasonable wet and dry grip.

Pretty marginal in the snow.

I was disappointed in their snow performance in Colorado. I'll keep them in Virginia Beach since the truck is unlikely to see snow, ever. But for Boston, I would look for better snow performance.

I just purchased these for the '04 Sequoia in 265/65/17s from Costco's $70 off promotion a month ago.

They are quiet with great dry traction, above average wet traction during a few rainstorms here in Colorado Springs over the past few weeks.

Drove the family up to Wyoming for the solar eclipse last week; 500+ mile round trip with no issues...smooth ride.

Can't speak on their snow performance yet.

I'm on my second set on a 2007 4WD Tahoe. They have an 80,000 warranty so the second set got pro-rated at 60,000 miles with regular rotations, balancing and alignments (all free when you buy at Firestone and pay once for lifetime Alignment). They are very smooth and work great in all conditions. I had no problem in snow up to six inches, only activating 4WD on 3-4 occasions this past (mild) winter. I see no reason to take a chance on anything else for this vehicle.

Buy 'em.

Last edited:
We had the previous generation on our truck (just the Alenza - no "plus") - still had the same tread pattern, but a lower mileage warranty. All around good performance, but the more wear, the louder it became. When we put on a new set of tires, we were surprised by how quiet the truck became. They did wear evenly, and always held an even pressure.

We replaced the Bridgestones with a set of General Grabber HTS tires. They've worn evenly and held pressure well, and have stayed quiet for roughly 60,000 miles. They do hydroplane a bit in very heavy rain, though. The Bridgestone tires did not hydroplane like the Generals.

We're going to replace the Generals with Continental LX20's and see how well they do. The reviews look good.

got'm on the T4R, going to be the summer tire..no complaints..seem to wear like iron...adding a set of Falken WildPeaks for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back