Virgin STP MAXIMUM LIFE Filter #S-3614ML CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I decided to cut this filter open since I had not saw any of these. $9~ was "work account" price; retail is $12.69.

Doesn't look to bad if I must say

Probably not many
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Nice photos, but make mine a Fram Ultra. How many of these does Autozone sell at $12 plus?

Nothing against the STP, but i'm with you on this. When push comes to shove, the FramXG for roughly $9 is hard to beat.

Thanks car51, as aslways.

I agree with Vlad on this. If part of a $29 deal I'm good with that.

Thanks for your work here Captain. You are the man.

Looks good! Thank you for posting
smile.gif

$9 is a lot for a wholesale work account price! Interesting media yellow media with a white sponge thing with holes covering it. Cut the media itself open
banana2.gif

The real question is, is it better than a Purolator Boss, Wix XP, or Fram Ultra?

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Nice photos, but make mine a Fram Ultra. How many of these does Autozone sell at $12 plus?

Nothing against the STP, but i'm with you on this. When push comes to shove, the FramXG for roughly $9 is hard to beat.

Thanks car51, as aslways.

The louvers didn't look very open to me; anyone else notice this?

I'll stick with FRAM ultra

Although I didn't ask for the media cutting we all need to thank car51 for going the extra mile and funding the project. Thanks Adam!!!!

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Although I didn't ask for the media cutting we all need to thank car51 for going the extra mile and funding the project. Thanks Adam!!!!

Jim, glad I can help
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

Yes indeed, good job Adam. Can you show a picture of yourself so we know what you look like? I'm sure Jim would like to know as well.
thumbsup2.gif

You are too funny!!

Great job here hoss. I appreciate your work on here. I started a thread about these filters a bit ago. They do look fairly decent.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
You are too funny!!

Great job here hoss. I appreciate your work on here. I started a thread about these filters a bit ago. They do look fairly decent.

Yeah, look decent but price for filter itself is nuts

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

The real question is, is it better than a Purolator Boss, Wix XP, or Fram Ultra?

Looks like maybe a rebadged Purolator BOSS (full synthetic - maybe different media?). Can has a Purolator date code, so definately Purolator built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back