yowzers - little to no gas in dfw area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize it was that bad out there.. I heard could be Tuesday before we get any gas. The stations are running out very fast to with the huge lines! Sorry to sound so dramatic but it is rough!

Originally Posted By: Donald
People are hoarding it.

Yep, see the second message.

How much is it per gallon down there? Just filled up for $2.21 but right down the street it was going for $2.59.

prices are not too bad currently - I just paid 2.89 for 93 octane. 87 is 2.39

Wolf:

I'm running hot shot deliveries and emergencies back and forth from DFW to outlying areas for my company (electrical industry) to support the disaster efforts in Houston.

It's not hoarding, it's preparing. I ran through 2 tanks (company vehicle in my signature) just yesterday. But thanks for asking.

Last edited:
It is the same here--only a few stations with gas/diesel, but about 1/2 do not have working systems so even if the tanks are full they cannot sell it. After Ike, there were supposed to be "super stations" installed. Unless those are the handful of Buc-ee's around the area that never happened.

It was the same in NY after Hurricane Sandy....took about 10days to get back to normal IIRC....We're praying for you guys in Texas....

I hope people are hunkering down to cope with this shortage. I'd think it's more important to have gas for the portable generators.

People are panic buying and causing shortages.
Folks with 3/4 of a tank are topping off needlessly.
Today I saw several stations out of gas and long lines at others.
The last time I saw lines like this was the Iran deal in the 70's.
The prices jumped .50 cents in 2 days.
It never goes down that quick does it?
This will get better in a few days,so the local news said.

I have 3/4 of a tank in the mazda so I am going to make it last as long as possible. The truck has 1.5 tanks full and i am going to need it as I need to travel to Port A this weekend to help my dad clear his property of trees that got knocked down by harvey. at 16 mpg I will need more gas I suspect.

Earlier today here it was 2.09 now its 2.19-2.49. People hoarding gas here as well and we are 4+ hours from Houston. People are going to introduce a shortage by doing the gas runs like this.Portable gas cans are also sold out everywhere as well.

Maybe some will use this as a teaching moment and not wait until the low fuel light comes on to buy fuel. I filled up last night at my usual level (a bit less than 1/2 tank) with no lines or drama. Having a car with good fuel economy helps, too. I can go nearly 500 miles on 14 gallons. By the time I need gas again this idiocy will be over.

My wife and I are sticking to using the Volt right now to avoid using up the gas in the Pilot until things get back to normal. We did fill up both vehicles last week though since we knew this would likely happen.

I only use a tank a month normally. Filled the Pilot and both my containers for my generator a couple of days before the storm got here. Should be good until the end of September.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
Earlier today here it was 2.09 now its 2.19-2.49. People hoarding gas here as well and we are 4+ hours from Houston. People are going to introduce a shortage by doing the gas runs like this.Portable gas cans are also sold out everywhere as well.

A friend uses old windshield washer bottles. They held VOC's and are made from #2 PETE like gas cans. He keeps them out of the sun so they don't spoil.

One needs at least one legit gas can to ferry back and forth from the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back