Hankook Optimo H724

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on buying some replacement tires for my Malibu as my current Kumho Ecsta ASX V rated tires are almost to the wear bars, are almost 7 years old and cracking. I'm not looking for the absolute best as I may be trading in this car within the next year. How do these look for the price? I've never had this brand but have heard of them, nothing good or bad.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/hankook-optimo-h724/p/10709

they are fine. I've had a set on a van for a year. have a friend who has had them on his Olds for a few years. no reason to not use them.

They'd be a good tire for year'round in the Atlanta area. They also came standard on some years/trimline of the Hyundai Elantra. My BIL had 2 Elantra's with these tires as OE and they wore out quite fast. So if you're not keeping the car long, the 724 may be OK...if you can buy them for a good price, as you show in the DTD link. Otherwise there are much better tires available.

They were the OE tires on my 2008 Elantra when I bought it with 28K...I found them noisy and not one of Kumho's better efforts.

Originally Posted By: pbm
They were the OE tires on my 2008 Elantra when I bought it with 28K...I found them noisy and not one of Kumho's better efforts.

I am not one to defend Kumho but any OE tire is made to meet the car mfgrs standards and thus may not represent the same tire purchased at a tire store...

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
Hankook makes a great tire. Why did you run a V rated tire on a Malibu?

Haha, they were being discontinued I believe and I got a great deal on them at the time.

Hankook OEM tire hydroplaned on our CUV - put them at curb with 10k since I did not feel right selling them ...
Replaced them with an often bashed here tire - much better ...

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
Hankook makes a great tire. Why did you run a V rated tire on a Malibu?

Yep I looked at the 724's and that tread design looked like it would not do well in the rain to me. So I went with the Hankook H725 and I like them just fine better tread design and a longer wear rating for $10 a tire more.

I recently replaced some Hankook Ventus V2 Concepts from DTD. Had them on the car for 65k miles and were $200 installed after rebates. So I do have some affection for them. I wouldn't mind getting them again in the future esp if the rebates lined up well. Meaning if the manufacturer has a rebate going plus the DTD rebate = SCORE!

Ha!! I also own the original version Ventus V2 Concepts on my commuter module and for the price, I'd say they're a very good tire. Personally, I'd probably get the newer version of the V2 ( Ventus V2 Concept 2 ) before I'd get one of the 700 series Hankooks ( other than the 727 ) but I'm only familiar with a few of them.

I think the Ventus series tires are better at a probably nominal price difference...could even be cheaper...especially if rebates are involved. I've never had issues with the Hankook tires I've used so they're not on my bad list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back