Trying Amsoil CVT Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched the wife's Nissan Quest over to Amsoil CVT fluid. Changed it at 78k, did 2 drain and fills took about 5 quarts each time.
Took the van on a 2300 plus mile week long trip and everything is well with the CVT, shifted smoothly the whole trip.
I did 2 suction and fills previously at 50 or 55k with OEM NS-2 fluid.

So far so good, seems to shift as good as ever.
Just wanted to report my findings to anyone interested or looking for an alternate fluid.

Good to know - though I just spent big bucks for a pan drop at the dealer

Must be all in the friction modifiers.

I have the older less efficient trans (with the more viscous oil)

How long do you plan on leaving it in?
smile.gif

Thanks cronk! Good info. I've got the latest generation Jatco CVT in our 2016 Nissan Quest that uses the blue, (seemingly low viscosity) Nissan NS-3 CVT juice. Luckily, NS-3 isn't too horribly priced online. You can get it for under $10/qt shipped. My local Nissan dealer parts counter wants $20/qt for it. LOL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Good to know - though I just spent big bucks for a pan drop at the dealer

Must be all in the friction modifiers.

I have the older less efficient trans (with the more viscous oil)

mine is a 2011 and takes the ns-2

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
How long do you plan on leaving it in?
smile.gif

Not sure yet, since I'm only doing drain and fills and not flushing all the fluid, I may just do a drain and fill once a year.

I agree with the simplicity of a once per year drain/fill. Especially because the Quest, Pathfinder, Murano and maybe more are so easy to do given they're equipped with a drain plug, a level check plug and a refill tube.

Originally Posted By: JTK
I agree with the simplicity of a once per year drain/fill. Especially because the Quest, Pathfinder, Murano and maybe more are so easy to do given they're equipped with a drain plug, a level check plug and a refill tube.

Our 11 has a dipstick, so even easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back