Gas prices rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices are quick to rise when anything happens. Even for a small event not that this one was just generally speaking. Then of course prices slowly decline.

b4awwgc.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
All that does is help the sale of electric cars. They're shooting themselves in the foot.

The house my wife and I are having built is being wired with two NEMA 14-50 outlets in the garage using 6 AWG wiring if we or someone else
goes electric.

I have 6, 5 gallon gas cans and I bought 30 gallons of fuel after work before the price went up. By the time we use that gas up, the fuel price should come down some and I will fill them up again.

Was discussed in another thread. With Motiva shut down, the largest refiner of gas down it was just a matter of time. I try to fill before holidays anyway and it may pay off but we have our refiners in the Midwest that use ND and Canadian crude.
Will see what the end of the weekend looks like but with conditions drying out the big worry is the possible fire or explosion at the Arkema plant because they lost electricity to keep the tanks cool. They are evacuating everyone for over a mile around. Good luck to all involved

Last edited:
Gasoline prices trend, just like rockets and feathers

I tanked for 2.23 at Costco today; one QT in the areas displayed 2.59; OUCH

My company sent out an email that prices are going to go up and there will be shortages. The refineries being down are going to take a lot away from the east coast so the Midwest refineries are going to have to make up the slack. The east coast can bring fuel in by ship but that will take time to rearrange since everything got switched to going east.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
All that does is help the sale of electric cars. They're shooting themselves in the foot.

The price rise will be short lived. Many refineries were impacted on the coast. Not the first time it's ever happened.

Even the price rise there is still way cheaper than the normal gas prices here where I'm at.

Saw it as high as 2.79 here...

Though I've heard rumors gas will not go down, actually up a bit for a while....

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Gas here went from $2.19 last weekend to $2.59 tonight.
Here we go.

Yup, filled up last week for $2.19 and yesterday was $2.39. omw home i thought i would top off the tank on the malibu since it was at half a tank and it was $2.59. Midgrade was also $2.59 so i topped off with midgrade for $21. I also live in MO in Grandview

Surprisingly, crude oil prices will be pushed DOWN.... because the bottleneck is the refineries. Crude oil storage is already maxed out, and there are ships offshore that need to get unloaded - - but nowhere to unload it to.

If anyone trades futures, watch for crude to keep falling the next few weeks.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Surprisingly, crude oil prices will be pushed DOWN.... because the bottleneck is the refineries. Crude oil storage is already maxed out, and there are ships offshore that need to get unloaded - - but nowhere to unload it to.

If anyone trades futures, watch for crude to keep falling the next few weeks.

THIS ^^^^

The oil industry does this every time there's a natural disaster...bad times for consumers are good times for the industry to increase profits...

The local media here played up a Sunoco station that was at $2.79.9.
However,that station has been at that price all year and is always listed on the highest priced list for Gas Buddy in the state of Ohio.
$2.55-$2.56 seemed to be where things were going here, at least last night.
I was at Costco, so I filled the pickup @ $2.24.

What will this amount to? It'll go high for a couple of weeks, then back down. I drive "lots" but I doubt it'll add up to 20 bucks in the end.

I still remember paying $4.68 for diesel. I'm finding it hard to get worked up over a thirty cent bump (I think that was the spike I saw yesterday when I filled up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back