Stores opened for limited hours after the storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not complainimg, just trying to see the reasoning behind it. I went to home depot today, then went back later at about 5:30 and it turns out they closed at 5. They were letting people out when I came. Why the limited operating hours? It gets dark at 8.

If it's due to limited staff i would think they would be happy to makeup for lost hours this week and work extra.

Everyone is sitting at home in my neighborhood. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably limited staff or there maybe issues with the building (plumbing, electrical etc). They don't want the liability of customers falling in the store. When I worked retail and the electric went out for an extended period we closed the store.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Everyone is sitting at home in my neighborhood. Lol

Probably have a lot of babies born in 9 months or so is what normally happens.
smile.gif

Limited staff and limited supplies.
Things will get back to normal about a week after they open up the roads.

Lets say an average store employes 75 people on an average day.

After the storm, only 20 people show up to work. Limited staff, limited supplies, limited hours.

If I was to rob houses I think Texas would be the last place I would even think of such a thing. Robbers aren't the smartest bunch. Probably people from inner cities were gun toting homeowners are rare. Hope they all get shot.

When I heard the Sheriff say "you will be prosecuted to the fullest" - Yep, what you are thinking I was too ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PimTac
I do believe a curfew is in effect.

Hurricane Mathew they invoked a curfew and they were pretty strick. My son was at the house helping me clean up trees and cut wood and when he went to leave the cops stopped him at the end of the Street and he was getting arrested until I came up and showed them my I'd with my address to verify he was at my house and going home since he doesn't live at home and has a separate address. Can't blame them alot of low life's look at these disasters as free for all.

I was sitting in my truck in front of my own house and they thought I was stealing it. Lol I was just trying to get my backup camera working and had the door open, so I guess they saw me from the main road.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
When I heard the Sheriff say "you will be prosecuted to the fullest" - Yep, what you are thinking I was too ...

Yes sir!

Corpus Christie had an idiot try to enter a home while still occupied before the storm had let up and got rewarded with a head shot. Survived, apparently a no vacancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back