Can an F-150 EcoBoost make 200K without problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the right maintenance and some decent driving habits you can get just about any vehicle to 200k. That is preaching to the choir with the BITOG group but you already know that.

I believe they can make 200k without many problems, almost any modern vehicle could. The real issue becomes age and driving conditions. How will vehicles such as this hold up over time?

Short tripping, towing, environmental conditions, and maintenance all factor into how long a vehicle can last. 200,000 miles of short tripping in the mountains over 10 years is very different from 200,000 miles of extended highway runs across the desert in 3 years.

Nice video, thanks for sharing.
5,000 mile oci using Synthetic Blends on an Ecoboost (twin turbo) with 200K miles...? Some Bitogers will scream "blasphemy"
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
200,000 miles of short tripping in the mountains over 10 years is very different from 200,000 miles of extended highway runs across the desert in 3 years.

As long as the desert driving is on paved roads. In my case, the desert driving is towing a trailer on very unimproved excuses for roads with high temps, low speeds and lots of throttle in lower gears.

My interest in this original posting was the idea of the twin turbos and all that other stuff to get a small V6 to perform or out perform a V8 engine. That's a lot of new stuff to consider. A V8 is old school and very time tested and a known quantity. On top of that is inconsistent dealer service and support.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

My interest in this original posting was the idea of the twin turbos and all that other stuff to get a small V6 to perform or out perform a V8 engine. That's a lot of new stuff to consider.

How is that any different than the turbos that get a turbodiesel to perform like a decent engine? Remember how bad the old NA Diesels were? The only reason they get the huge #'s they do is because of turbos. Plenty of near 200k examples of Ecoboost 3.5's now.

Originally Posted By: Ram02
Surprise they haven't had to replace the Timing chains and guides yet

I don't think it's a huge issue. There's a guy on F150online that has the startup rattle for near 100k now and other than the racket he says it runs just fine.

Last edited:

That's what 5K oil changes will do for you, all you annual oil changers take note.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83

That's what 5K oil changes will do for you, all you annual oil changers take note.
thumbsup2.gif

I think there's something to this.

20 mpg is impressive. My brother can't seem to get better than 17 with his no matter what. Even with me driving, the Ecomodder, can't be done with his.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
20 mpg is impressive. My brother can't seem to get better than 17 with his no matter what. Even with me driving, the Ecomodder, can't be done with his.

Probably depends on... many factors. On my truck I managed 3 tanks in a row at 21.7mpg, with a final tank at 22mpg, before winter gas and a change of driving habits. Lots of backroads (to keep speed down), but I suspect the LTX's had a hand too, as my mpg has remained about 10% lower than it used to be, now with some Hankook ATM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back