Anyone order from Amayama OEM parts overseas relia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I recently found a new website for Japanese OEM parts. Parts are at a great price. But, my parts would ship from UAE. I'm apprehensive ordering OEM parts out of the country. Any opinions?

Amayama.

I can't say for those parts specifically, but there ARE lots of counterfeit parts out there. The counterfeiters often do a very good job of making the packaging look legitimate.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Here's just one example, there are many more news articles of busting counterfeit auto parts rings.

Counterfeit auto part bust

I have enough problems with ordering(truthfully only two orders this year)and getting the right parts on this side of the pond. Have no issues with getting return credits if they screw up Amazon and Ebay via Paypal

If it's a factory part, and it is not in stock in the US, then don't bother with them because they don't have it either. Their probability rating that it is in stock is a joke.

Landcruiser ppl from MUD used them a few times. AFAIR everything went fine, but better ask there as I have no personal experience. From what I recall those Citroen styled globes for Lexus LX were shipped from there, and then they stopped shipping them...

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I can't say for those parts specifically, but there ARE lots of counterfeit parts out there. The counterfeiters often do a very good job of making the packaging look legitimate.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Here's just one example, there are many more news articles of busting counterfeit auto parts rings.

Counterfeit auto part bust

INdeed! The part I was considering was 1/3 the price. Knowledge is power and of course keeping me from throwing away my money. Thanks everyone.....

I have ordered from them once - I needed a chrome A pillar trim for my Pajero, which was not readily available locally, and another piece of chrome trim that clips onto it. The clip was available, and they put a hold on my credit card for the whole amount (clip plus trim), but only charged it for the clip that was available. Their customer service is good, and my part was shipped from Japan with full tracking. They are legit.

That said, the part they did not have available in Japan was ordered from Japan by my local Mitsubishi dealer. Took 3 weeks to get it, but they were able to source it. Go figure.

What's the part you're looking for?

They are legit. Used them a couple times in the past and had no problems. They are popular with the Australians and Russians. Only downfall is sometimes their website says something is available when it's actually discontinued. I just put in a big order last week with about 3 dozen parts, roughly $400 worth, will see how this order goes through.

Originally Posted By: Boosted240
They are legit. Used them a couple times in the past and had no problems. They are popular with the Australians and Russians. Only downfall is sometimes their website says something is available when it's actually discontinued. I just put in a big order last week with about 3 dozen parts, roughly $400 worth, will see how this order goes through.

How do you know they are legit?

As I said, it's a big problem, and the counterfeiters are getting better and better at producing fakes that LOOK ok, but are not made of the same material quality or to the same standards.

For a piece of plastic interior trim, maybe not a big concern. But for say a ball joint that is nowhere near as strong as a real part, the consequences could be disastrous.

It's your call, but you should know that the UAE is where a lot of the counterfeit garbage ships from.

Another counterfeit auto parts bust: fake parts bust

Last edited:
All the parts I've got from them were for 25+ year old Japanese cars that were only sold in Japan. Didn't know that was a hot market for counterfeit parts...

Last edited:
OK, I see you are sensitive about the subject. Just know that if there is a market, the counterfeiters are there to take advantage of those that don't do their due diligence.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
OK, I see you are sensitive about the subject. Just know that if there is a market, the counterfeiters are there to take advantage of those that don't do their due diligence.

Ya it is a big market for sure. Both Ford and Mazda have guides we can use to help determine a real vs. counterfeit part. It even happens to us, there are places that will sell us parts that are supposed to be OEM a bit cheaper and when they come in they are knockoffs. They get sent right back. It is especially common with keys, places will take old keys and put new blades in them. I can tell right away as they usually don't look right and when I cut them the sound is a lot different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back