Confused about Toyota OEM Alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received a Toyota OEM 130 amp alternator from dealership. It was a remanufactured one. I asked the parts guy and he said they are all reman by Toyota and just as good as new. Did I get screwed?

Remanufacturing means a certain list of parts are always replaced and others gets machined or replaced if required. Thats a general statement whether its an engine or alternator.

I would say better than rebuilt or used but definitely not as good as new.

Now something as simple as a brake caliper can be pretty close to new assuming they replace the piston and seal. The only thing left is a chunk of cast iron with a hole for the piston which gets honed.

Some Toyota models, remans are the only option as no new ones are made! I had a denso unit go on a 07 Camry v6 at 83,000 miles. A reman alt was the only one I could find for purchase.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Just received a Toyota OEM 130 amp alternator from dealership. It was a remanufactured one. I asked the parts guy and he said they are all reman by Toyota and just as good as new. Did I get screwed?

Probably not. But you probably paid a lot more than a cheap rebuilt one from a place like AZ.AA, pr Pep Boys.
Exactly what did that cost?

Originally Posted By: Gebo

Nope, and it was a Denso reman as well. That means your alternator has all new Denso parts inside of it and NTN/Koyo bearings - no cheap WAI/Transpo parts in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back