Any "other" A3 choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using Mobil 1 10w-30 HM a lot lately in a couple cars. 2012 Escalade & 98 Tacoma. Its available for $22 to $25 at wallys year round. I know they have started carrying a lot of new stuff in the last year or so. Are there any other options for a full synthetic oil that's has a hths of 3.5 > "at around the same price" ? Just curious.

I have searched hard and not found a non-boutique oil remotely close in specs to that. IMO, keep using it with confidence.

In my testing both were great but EP performed better than HM and was the same price. I am testing the AP right now as I'm highly interested in the 20,000 mile claim.

...i have a jug of M1HM 10w30 waiting to go in the Santa Fe turbo. Because it's been on the market for some time doesn't mean it hasn't evolved. I remember a couple years back when M1HM was API/SL. I'd keep using it.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
It's API SN now, but not GF5 so it's a thick 30. HTHS 3.5

Exactly.

Castrol Edge 0w30 at Pep Boys, Liqui-Moly from Napa, and the various 0- and 5w40 Euro oils from Walmart (PP Euro 5w40 and Euro L 5w30), M1 and Edge 0w40, etc.

There's also Mag1 5w40 from Amazon, and it comes in clear bottles
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Ammofirst
Are there any other options for a full synthetic oil that's has a hths of 3.5 > "at around the same price" ? Just curious.

Often times AAP has Castrol Edge HM 10w-40 for $5.50/qt.

A3/B4 is always greater than 3.5 HTHS.

Forget about brand and forget about 5w/10w/SAE30/40 etc - look for A3/B4 and it will do exactly what you want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back