Nice Sunny Weather in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
36733571622_d7c40bbb4d_b.jpg

I lived in the Inland Empire of socal for over 40 years before I retired to CO. I know how hot the Central Valley gets, too. I am sooo familiar with those excessive heat warning days.
eek.gif

By contrast, up at Rampart Resvoir to day it as in the high 60's while I was out on my kayak today
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
74 this week so far with 0 humidity
smile.gif

Yeah it was 54 here this morning at 7 AM.

High 70's with mid to high humidity in Northern Kentucky. I moved here in April from Colorado Springs, CO and was quite afraid of the summer, I spend many working days out in the heat. This summer has been cake-- one to two weeks of 90's with 60-90% humidity, pretty miserable. The rest has been high 70's to mid-high 80's with varying humidity. When I say varying, you get one day where it's a sweatbox, then three where's is as humid-free as Colorado was. Really a great summer climate so far (and so green!), but alas it's only been one year.

109 with 16% relative humidity....... Try 100 with 60% relative humidity & tell me how uncomfortable you are now. A guy a work used to live in Phoenix & he was always talking about how hot it would get.....Until his first summer in Texas, I thought he was going to die on us! "Whats the temp.....130?" "No....It's only 99!"

Pittsburgh has been in the high 60's and lower 70's for the last several days, and upper 50's and lower 60's at night.

Yesterday I went for a walk in South-Park. The temperature was somewhere around 69 to 72 just cool enough to walk fast without sweating, practically perfect for a walk.

If Pittsburgh has the temperatures we now have all year long people would be moving to Pittsburgh for retirement.

I opened the window to our living room this evening and the indoor digital temperature/humidity thermostat by that window has changed from 75.0/46% to 75.9/49% still very comfortable now with the window still open 6 hours later.

These last couple of days Pittsburgh has been having some of the nicest weather in the country.

Last edited:
I just started putting my jacket on before work in the morning because it has been around 50F when I get in my car...been parking outside while we try to figure out our 3 cars/2 garage bays thing now that our daughter is off to college. She will probably be off campus next year using her car, so we should only have one year to deal with this.

You aren't too far from us and we have had a really pleasant summer with very little need for AC.
We are now having perfect weather with cool nights perfect for sleeping and pleasantly warm and sunny days with low humidity.
Be aware that this has not been a typical summer and we do sometimes see real scorchers. Combine temperatures of 90F+ with high humidity and things get very unpleasant.

Took the AC unit out over the weekend, so that we could get better airflow through the house. I'm sure it'll have to go back in, another week or so, seems the weather always does a quick snap in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back