Purolator P1 PL22500, 10,000 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks. This filter was on for 10,000 miles on a friend of mine that lives in Ohio and does 90/10% highway to city driving. Two 5k runs of Magnatec 5w30 blend. Vehicle is a 2016 Ford Expedition with the 3.5 "ECO BOOST" engine.

Put a MC FL-500S he supplied and some more Magnatec 5w30 blend

Enjoy the photos

[img:gal:6859859a5c80990c87]https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/usergals/2017/08/full-68598-11694-img_4010.jpg[/

There were no cuts in ADBV either
smile.gif

Is that a hole in the media by the seam in the 2nd set of photos, or a flash reflection? Thanks for the C&P.

Well.. I see no tears, the louvers all appear to be uniformly open, and the pleats are evenlly spaced. A bit wavier than I would want for a filter that's supposed to be considered 'higher-end' but certainly not terrible, and considering it went 10,000 miles, I can't say it's unreasonable.

Overall, seems like it held up well.

35.gif

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Well.. I see no tears, the louvers all appear to be uniformly open, and the pleats are evenlly spaced. A bit wavier than I would want for a filter that's supposed to be considered 'higher-end' but certainly not terrible, and considering it went 10,000 miles, I can't say it's unreasonable.

Overall, seems like it held up well.

35.gif

Yeah, I was a bit shocked it did as good as it did
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Ram02
Purolator is back to making quality filters . Who's going to stock up on the new and improved P1????

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ram02
Purolator is back to making quality filters . Who's going to stock up on the new and improved P1????

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Prime Guard, Eco guard, Parts plus filters I've never cut
Open and saw tears in them. Just sayin
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Is that a hole in the media by the seam in the 2nd set of photos, or a flash reflection? Thanks for the C&P.
Pathetically predictable. ^

My microGreen was far more crisper than this. And it was short tripped to death
For over 10k miles. This is a improvement over the norm but Purolator is not ready for
Prime time yet. It did its job but sure is ugly. Thanks Adam!

The louvers do look good however.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

I predicted you'd react to my comment ... so who's more predictable?
laugh.gif

Anyone who thinks Purolators are "top quality" and fixed now because one example looks good is living in fanboy city.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

I predicted you'd react to my comment ... so who's more predictable?
laugh.gif

Anyone who thinks Purolators are "top quality" and fixed now because one example looks good is living in fanboy city.

LOL!

Originally Posted By: Onug
Originally Posted By: car51

There were no cuts in ADBV either
smile.gif

What's this?

its a green circle, slightly artsy and off-center.

This makes two of your friends running multiple ocis with P1/PL filters to 10k+ miles, last one posted HERE. Like the last, looks to have gotten the job done for the substantial fci.

I see a minor adbv indention but doesn't appear to have any affect on function at 10k. Still prefer the adbv design on the linked 14459.

Add it to the errand/scrap hauler, and three recent no drama P1/PLs with substantial miles.

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back