New Bike Finally Arrived Today !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday driver for Haulbikes Daily Direct called to set up delivery for today. Got the bike just after 9am. Put 50 miles on so far, only headed in due to weather building up. Felt both good yet slightly weird being back aboard after six months off, and first ride after the accident. At first I was kind of keyed up, but while a very large bike, it only took a few miles to get accustomed to it. Little tippy below 5mph but at speed it feels just nimble as my Multistrada's did. Slow manuevering it does tend to want to fall into a turn and have to be agile on counter leaning. I'm sure the 8 gallon tank mounted so high has something to do with that, and it is just a TALL bike in general. I'm 6'3" 220lbs 34" inseam and it is almost a perfect size and fit.
cool.gif

No nice scenery pics yet. Here are some quickies taken after putting on 50 miles this morning, in the garage next to the Forester for some size scaling.
Color is weird, sometimes like burnt red sometimes like deep reddish orange.

P.S. reference my other thread: The MSO (Manufacturer Statement of Origin) certificate along with a Nevada DMV two week pink slip temp reg was with the manual and other papers in the starboard pannier. I have everything I need. The driver, John, was very professional and a rider himself. He had his own bike in the trailer too for his trip out west-- Harley Softail Heritage (unk year). His bike and mine were at the back of trailer next to door, the trailer was full of lots of other bikes as well, many appeared to be pre-owned's. We went over a checklist going over the bike for any problems or damage. They had already noted a couple slight scuffs top rear on the starboard pannier-- classic footwear scuffs from folks throwing a leg over it in the show room with the panniers on it. Nothing of concern, I'll add scuffs from my own boots to those, from same thing... soon enough.

So, in the end..... it was a pretty long wait but worth it. And yes, now that I have the bike and all the proper paper work in hand, it was worth the savings !! Take an additional $ 1500 off the closeout price shown below ... $11,495 selling price
smile.gif

usually like my panniers/cases a little more streamlined, but knew the look of these before buying. The steamer trunk look will grow on me I suppose. They are hinged at top front open from rear top latch and lids swing up and forward. Pretty roomy. Probably do most of my riding with them off though. There is some mounting scaffolding (for the panniers) to remove once they're off to clean up the looks some.

Congratulations LR, Nice. Nice side boxes, can you get a matching top box? How does she sound? Are Akropovics on the horizon?

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Congratulations LR, Nice. Nice side boxes, can you get a matching top box? How does she sound? Are Akropovics on the horizon?

Actually the stock exhaust note is very deep and rich down low and doesn't really get too raspy mid range and above like my Ducs (also stock) did. I like it. I think I can live with the stock can. Cat is in the can so losing the cat is as easy as buying a slip-on like the Akrapovic, etc. Keep the stock can in case EPA emissions sniffing ever arrives in this region ...

Beautiful bike. Got any long trips planned for the fall? I'm interested in how you think it compares to your MTS once you spend some time on it. I looked at getting a Guzzi Quota when they first came out but got an older Cagiva Elefant instead.

I think you're going to have a lot of fun with it.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Any advantage to having the bicycle type spokes ?

On this bike it's more of an off-road thing. That whole "adventure" class or category that it is within, although I have no intentions of doing any dirt riding, this thing is too massive and top heavy for that plus I have no dirt skills and would be lucky not to drop a 250cc trail bike in the dirt much less this beast. Spokes make the wheel somewhat springy and allow some flex without cracking or bending the rim, where a forged or cast road wheel might bend or crack/break. There are forged road wheels available for it, but they're all silver powder coat which would look like arse on it. Maybe if they were black...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back