lines + iphones for 2? deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi BITOGers,

need your help/advice/counsel:

Wife and I have problems with our old phones (Nokia 925 and Iphone 5S)...
currently have AT&T but out of the 2 years contract.

looking at
plans: unlimited voice/minutes and text, good coverage, data 4GB/8GB/unlimited
phones: Iphone SE for me,iphone 6/6plus/7 for her

Thank you for your help

My Verizon 3GB pay as you go is $43.50/mo all in. So many options out there now in the $40/mo range per phone. My daughter's Straight talk (AT&T) 5GB is $47.50/mo. Both are great. Your big expense is going to be that iPhone SE and a 6/7. You're looking at close to $1000 there unless you find a cheaper refurb, etc.

I noticed that Consumer Cellular has the IPhone SE for around $160 instead of the usual $400 plus a payment plan if you need one. You might check how much memory you need though. Their SE has 32G. I think they use AT&T Towers. They seem to have decent prices and $10 per line after the first but don't think they have unlimited data. You can check coverage in your area. It looks like you can customize minutes and text/data separately as well as change plans as you need to. I think they are post paid with no contract,

The SE is a great phone if you don't mind a smaller sized phone/screen. I had mine for about 6 months before it took a swim. Loved that SE.

well, according to CNET deals cheapskate section, read today, Tuesday Aug. 29, VIRGIN have just recently modified their free phone deal. You buy any i-phone anywhere, CNET suggest an i-phone SE 16 gig, which supposedly is an i-phone 6 in a smaller package, from ANYWHERE, and get 1 year free unlimited service except 4lte is 29 gig, and you pay $4? month tax. At end of 1 year it goes to $50 inner circle per month, or you can leave...no contract. Best get an unlocked phone. Also, free companion air ticket on Virgin Airlines, etc. Apparently idea is get the elite spenders to jump on Virgin, then stay out of habit. You know, the elite, like BITOG folks. I'm still thinking, want goood cheap unlocked SE 16 gig. Rest looks like a deal. Take a look, see what you think.

oh, look at Amazon for i-phone 16 se. Several different vendors, totally different reviews from WOW to awful, looks like Amazon back them up, $240?? best value, you own, can sell after the year, 32gig / 64 gig are WAY more money. Can you put SD card in? Also, cost to replace battery? Not an Apple phone guy, but everybody needs one sometime. I-8? supposedly out real soon now, but $1200???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back