HKS OIL FILTER FOR HONDAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading about the HKS Oil filter for Hondas.. What I read all seems good however the price.. WOW
Has anyone here used one here is some info and some cut opens
I have read they are better then A01s and the HAMP Synergy oil filters.

Its a HYBRD Sports oil filter.

of_img_02.png

A thirty dollar filter. At least it comes with a windshield sticker. Would like to see efficiency ratings and one cut open. Thanks for posting....

Originally Posted By: Pajero
A thirty dollar filter. At least it comes with a windshield sticker. Would like to see efficiency ratings and one cut open. Thanks for posting....

Has a magnet inside also

I went to the Manufacture website. They recommend changing the filter every 3,000 km (1864.114 miles) for sport driving,

HKS in order to maintain low pressure properties.

Each his own!

Pajero

Would I see tangible benefits to justify the cost over using many other filter brands, given a normally functioning air filtration system? Probably not. I wouldn't use this if I had the chance.

I also think:
* The magnet inside is a waste of resources even though neodymium is fairly common. Put it on the drain plug or put it outside the filter and re-use it.
* Overly verbose and complicated explanations for simple concepts like a drainback valve is a warning sign to me.
* When they refer to the intake hole, why are they pointing to the outlet? Also I don't know if I would want those intake holes that large, just seems like it would make it easier for side and baseplate-down mounted applications to drain back oil faster.

Originally Posted By: David1
What you think?

Buy 3 Ultras for the same price and get a better filter to boot.

If it's available over the counter and I'm not paying for the name then I might use it. Your parts store jobber oil filter does the same or even better than gimmicks and fancy words.

There's 5 "supers" though with one HKS.
wink.gif
I don't doubt there a good filter. I'm sure I've seen them around here somewhere. If they're $30 down south, I had better not look at the price up here, if I want to not keel over. HKS is pretty big in the world of racing, and I'm sure they're trading on that fame for the price.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Buy 3 Ultras for the same price and get a better filter to boot.

And STILL have plenty $ left over to buy some really cool pinkish purple spray paint!
lol.gif

Quote:
What you think?

'Since you asked,' I think it's SUPER promotion. And whoever said there's a sucker born every minute, would have had something like the topic HKS in mind. At least it's recommended fci is ~6k miles, not many off the shelf filters can do that.
smirk.gif

Some discussion and a video of a cut open here:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4474773/Re:_Anyone_try_a_HKS_filter?#Post4474773

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I think all models are to be discontinued.

I believe there is a newer model that is black.

Last edited:
I think this particular filter might be aimed at the keener driver, who might use their car for track days amd autotests.

The car may even be tuned.

I haven't heard of HKS being thought of as anything other than a manufacturer of high quality products.

Super. That's just super.

Super intake holes. Probably exactly the same overall surface area as a greater number of smaller holes. Whoopee.

Super intake flap. Learn to spell "silicone", "sent" and "speed". I'll bet my house (and my neighbor's house) it isn't made of silicon but the use of the word "peed" is a nice touch.

Super stealth frame. Yeah, I need that.

Super hybrid oil filter. What does that even mean?

After reading that stuff it looks like just another scam oil filter like all the other "super" ones. And as been mentioned, the lack of ISO filtration data is, as usual, suspicious. It it is really super then show us how super it is by how super the filtration is.

A bunch of malarkey to wow the ignorant.

Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: Pajero

Has a magnet inside also

That magnet is miniscule.

I just run the Nissan Titan V8 Mobil 1 EP filter (CHAMPION LABS) and I have all the oil volume need.

9 Dollars at most. '

Same model will work on Honda and Subaru and Some Kia/Hyundai and of course most Nissan.

If you don't like that, racer boi, run the Honda S2000 OE filter for 14 bucks made by FILTECH.

ps: You don't want a magnet in the filter where there is high flow velocity.

Any reasonably designed oil filter's flow restriction is going to be from the media, not the size/number of holes. In Fram's literature for their HP line of oil filters, they emphasize the durability of the filter canister itself and the low-restriction media but mention nothing about hole sizes...because it doesn't matter.

They figure that people will see larger holes = more flow = less restriction = better

I chuckled at their references to 'compressed oil'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back