Kinetix small engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local small engine parts house carries this oil. I've been running the straight 30w in my kolher for about 2 months. The oil is still clear , the engine runs smooth and quiet.
Have any of y'all ever heard of it ? The bar and chain oil seems to be good stuff , been using it too.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
http://www.kinetixoil.com/

I looked all over that site, is there any real information about their oils at all? If there is I sure couldn't find it, other than a few vague marketing words..

It looks like some distribution and sales company just promoting their own brand of oil, but one with no certifications. So you are dependent on their reputation but I've never heard of them before.

I guess I would wonder why you would buy it over another oil that carries some sort of cert.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

I looked all over that site, is there any real information about their oils at all? If there is I sure couldn't find it, other than a few vague marketing words..

It looks like some distribution and sales company just promoting their own brand of oil, but one with no certifications. So you are dependent on their reputation but I've never heard of them before.

I guess I would wonder why you would buy it over another oil that carries some sort of cert.

Yes that's true. But they will send you certs and answer your questions at the bottom of the page (form) within two days.
It would be nice to have that info on the website!

Because I was there to buy the filter anyways and it was cheap , lol. I think is was $2.50 a quart.

Originally Posted By: johnD2
Because I was there to buy the filter anyways and it was cheap , lol. I think is was $2.50 a quart.

Were there any specs on the bottles? It doesn't appear so from the website pictures, I just wonder if you saw anything on the bottles.

Originally Posted By: johnD2

Were there any specs on the bottles? It doesn't appear so from the website pictures, I just wonder if you saw anything on the bottles.

I don't remember seeing anything on the bottles , other than made in USA ,engineered for small engines , etc.. I did email them just a little bit ago , asking if it meets any specifications , it said allow 2 days for a reply. So , I'll let y'all know of what they say , if there is a reply.

just found this thru google images. pro parts direct.com

m01eXRT.png

Last edited:
Yeah, same answer as what you found online which translates to "no certifications". If that doesn't matter to you then go for it.

I figured as much considering the way it was labeled, no "SAE" in front of the grade designation. Just like how Everclear labels their oil
wink.gif

The straight 30w is labeled SAE 30. The others are not. We'll see..The mower is right around 15 years old, used year round here in FL and under extreme conditions in the spring/summer and early fall..It's obvious at this point that the engine is gonna out live the rest of the machine by many years. I'm not really worried about it , time for a new zt mower soon ! The engine has outlasted my desire to keep the mower , lol. I always run on some kind of straight 30w conventional and a kolher oil filter , sometimes way past the recommend oci. It still doesn't burn a drop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back