Oil Change Interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking on the Castrol Site(s). For an F-150 Ecoboost on the U.S. site, the Edge oils are recommended, with no oil change interval listed(assuming due to Ford's OLM). On the Carribean site,an OCI of either 5k or 10k miles is listed. On the Canadian site, OCI's are at 3125 km or 6250 km. Anyone have any insight as to why the difference, particularly the Canadian one?

Cold weather with longer warm ups and fuel dilution. More issue with condensate. Sucks living in colder climates.

Oil companies generally do not state OCI. There are too many variables. They can tell you how the oil will perform over a certain time frame or miles accumulated.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Oil companies generally do not state OCI. There are too many variables. They can tell you how the oil will perform over a certain time frame or miles accumulated.

Yes, but Castrol DID state an OCI for those two sites. That is the point.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
Cold weather with longer warm ups and fuel dilution. More issue with condensate. Sucks living in colder climates.

I think that is probably a good reason for Castrol's OCI. So, they are calling for every 2000-4000 miles, roughly. BTW, it is the same for the 5.0 on the website.
This is interesting.

I am not saying this is the case but warranties are often based on the laws of each country.

Also, the US is the most litigous country with the highest punitive damages awarded.

In a general sense, these legal frameworks result in corporate and consumer policies changing across international borders for the very same product(s).

guys running the eco boost shouldn't be rocking long oci's, search it a lot going on right now with lubrication and the eco boosts.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
I am not saying this is the case but warranties are often based on the laws of each country.

Also, the US is the most litigous country with the highest punitive damages awarded.

In a general sense, these legal frameworks result in corporate and consumer policies changing across international borders for the very same product(s).
Agree with that 100%

I can't say for certain, since I haven't read a Ford manual that recently, but I have seen for some makes in the past a different OCI or a fixed OCI for Canada that doesn't apply to the States. It's not terribly common, but it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back