Kohler 52-050-02 oil filiter cross reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Patrick0525
Found my clearance answer to my model Club Cadet RZT S 42.
https://youtu.be/BjRAcrA4rEs

Excellent! Gotta love youtube and those that help out. I'm surprised by the number of guys that think they have to use genuine Kohler filters because they just don't know better or somehow the engine will suffer if non-OE is used.

I was in Sears not long ago, exchanging a tool and a guy in front of me was buying a genuine Briggs oil filter for $18. After he left I was talking to the salesman about those filters and said there are alternatives for much less money. He insisted that the OE filters were specifically designed for lawn equipment and much more heavy duty for the abuse they had to take. He also started in on the genuine blades that were so much better and safer than aftermarket blades. I had to bite my tongue and just walk away.

Too funny. I just purchased for $34 qty: 6 FPS3614 for my new club cadet. The poor guy @Sears would need to buy approx. 2 filters for the equivalent 6 Fram synthetic media FPS3614. This doesn't include driving to a brick & mortar and parking. It is 2017 and there is a reason why brick & mortar's are dying off -access to information.

The FPS3614 are equivalent to the XG3614 Ultra synthetic consumer grade (suregrip coating) and can easily do 10K automotive miles. The FPS3614 has no suregrip and you really don't need it. I use Fram Ultra on my V6 Toyota drain/fill every 5K and filter every 10K. At 60K, Blackstone reports iron 6 ppm for 5K oil change intervals.

I have enough club cadet filters until 250 hrs based on a 50hr oil/filter change or 7-8 cutting seasons.

Question: Is it OK to do synthetic PU 10W-30 drain/fill every 25hrs and a new FPS3614 every 100hrs?

I probably will do a Blackstone UOA at 50hrs and 100hrs. Way too much overkill!

FPS3614

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Patrick0525

Question: Is it OK to do synthetic PU 10W-30 drain/fill every 25hrs and a new FPS3614 every 100hrs?

I probably will do a Blackstone UOA at 50hrs and 100hrs. Way too much overkill!

FPS3614

Both synthetic oil and filter could easily go those hours and more. You'll find a UOA will probably report the oil like new.

We always just found a filter at WalMart that closely resembled the filter on the mower and screwed it on.

Did we just get lucky all these years ?

One of our riding mowers is 20+ years old and doesn't burn any oil (yet)

???

The 3614 filter holds about four more ounces of oil, the longer 3600 holds eight more...

My LT2000 garden tractor specs 56 ounces, with a 3600 filter, I just pour in two quarts, no measuring...

I order my Kohler oil filters on Amazon for about 8 bucks apiece . Free two day shipping . Someday I may consider going aftermarket . I crossed it to a WIX but it was just as much .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back