VIRGIN MC FL-820S CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be new here? Nice pictures.
These look great outside. I love the look.
But the media already looks suspect. I'm sure we all see the twisties...

Hi Adam
smile.gif

Great post & pic -- like always buddy!!! That was my go to filter on the Explorer at all times when I had it for over 10 years. No complaints from me what so ever!!1 Hope your having a good weekend!!!
smile.gif

Never had a problem with Motorcraft filters. They're decent for the price, but sometimes you do get the uneven pleats you typically find in cheapie filters. They've always performed well for me.

Originally Posted By: thorromig
Great post & pic -- like always buddy!!! That was my go to filter on the Explorer at all times when I had it for over 10 years. No complaints from me what so ever!!1 Hope your having a good weekend!!!
smile.gif

Thanks sir
smile.gif

Beautiful weekend out here in da' burgh
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Hi Jim
smile.gif

Seems this is the main problem child filter that Motorcraft makes
smile.gif

You know it. I have some here from my F350. Quit using them. But the price was great. lol

MC filters sure look and feel heavy duty! The main thing I look for in a filter is a thick heavy can. Does this one have louvers or round holes,and does either or have an advantage-disadvantage? I've thought about using them on my Honda (about $3). Super heavy! Only thing is they have a rubber vs silicone adbv which I have no idea if that even matters.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
MC filters sure look and feel heavy duty! The main thing I look for in a filter is a thick heavy can. Does this one have louvers or round holes,and does either or have an advantage-disadvantage? I've thought about using them on my Honda (about $3). Super heavy! Only thing is they have a rubber vs silicone adbv which I have no idea if that even matters.

Has holes. Dunno about the heavy can thing either. I know the FL-400S and 910S I ran held up great:)

I honestly don't care for nitrile ADBV

If it has holes in the center tube with that new date code, then seems only certain models of MC filters have switched to louvers. Thanks for the C&P.

I'm a little late to this one, but how are the inside of the oval holes (that sometimes slice the ADBV)? I have a couple of these, but have been running Ultras instead...
whistle.gif

Haters gonna Hate.
Reminds me of the Fram witch Hunt from years ago now Purolator is the new red headed step child. Motorcraft gets bad reputation but I ve never had a issue with them and pictures look good. Any oil filter could have possible problems.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Haters gonna Hate.
Reminds me of the Fram witch Hunt from years ago now Purolator is the new red headed step child. Motorcraft gets bad reputation but I ve never had a issue with them and pictures look good. Any oil filter could have possible problems.

No hate here. I'd use them as I have Ford vehicles and use the FL920s
But some have real issues. So for now I won't use a 820.

Car51 - thanks for the cut and post. For the unbelievers on BITOG, the FL820S can tear.

2aeuxu.jpg

Dome end tear.

k9tnpz.jpg

Thread end tear.

2004 Ford Ranger and M1 5W30.

Once again thanks for the cut & post.

Thanks for the cut and post. I use the 820 and I've haven't had any issues of tearing myself. 820 has been old reliable in the 4.6 V8's for a long time now.

Originally Posted By: car51

Has holes. Dunno about the heavy can thing either. I know the FL-400S and 910S I ran held up great:)

I honestly don't care for nitrile ADBV

I was at Autozone on Saturday and opened a random FL-500S box. It had holes too.

I wonder if Ford mandated the holes and a switch happened away from the louvers? Or maybe Purolator has multiple factories and different ones produce different punches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back