New view...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty rain coming in over our new view.

Needed more room for the kids, needed to pay it off before I retire, needed more than two sheets of fibre cement sucking the heat out of us.

Been progressively moving over the last two day, settlement was dreadful...and another two weeks of move to happen before we put the old place on the market.

Kids playing in the boxes at the moment (building a wall and crashing through it...LOL).

First plumbing issue done.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Is that an Australian pick up?

One on the right is a Ford Falcon ute...the left is my Colorado.

Congrats on the new house! Moving always presents challenges, but it sounds like this one was well worth it.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Is that an Australian pick up?
You mean the one where you can see all of it.

A Ford Falcon Ute (utility vehicle). Based on the four door Falcon sedan. Rear wheel drive with in-line 6 or V8 engine. Auto or Manual trans. Either two bucket seats in the front or a three person bench seat (or atleast that is how it use to be).

Congratulations on the new House Shannow.

Thanks friends...the house proper is older than my parents, being circa 1940 double brick...extensions nearly double the area, and are 80s era...again double brick.

Timing was perfect career wise...kids 12 and 14, me 15 years to go.

And it's SOOOOOOO quiet at night.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Good luck with the new place! Looks like a very nice view!

Old coal mine...

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
. Very popular in Australia.

Yes utes are very popular.

Shannow, double brick, nice step up from fibro.

Last edited:
Third night in, first was Macca's at 11pm, so second night I've cooked, and new habits have started already...

Kids want to eat at the bar, while we stand in the kitchen chatting to them.

Face time is good time.

That bar was built on the cut down back wall of the original place... Need to populate the dining room behind them this week

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
Don't do as I would....cover the bar with piles of paper and half-baked projects. Keep it orderly and inviting.

Cute kids.

I'm having the ongoing conversation with my people that "flat surface syndrome" results in zero functional surfaces and clutter.

I've taken 1.5 tonnes of clutter to the dump...my extra bags of concrete mix "just in case" included.

I'm no longer a Ford fan, but I-6, RWD and a bed, I'd buy that all day long.

I was wondering what exactly "double brick" meant, the photo explained it all.

Congratulations on the house. It looks nice and the quiet is golden when it's time to sleep. Obviously the previous owners not just kept it up, but improved it. Of course, any house will keep a grown man busy for 110% of their free time.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Kids playing in the boxes at the moment (building a wall and crashing through it...LOL).

Haha we did that exact same thing when we were kids! We LOVED boxes,the best toys ever!! We could make all kinds of fun with huge empty boxes.

Awesome view too,I love that mountainside! Congrats Shannow!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Kira
Don't do as I would....cover the bar with piles of paper and half-baked projects. Keep it orderly and inviting.

Cute kids.

Yeah really nice house and good looking kids. You are a lucky man
grin.gif

The Falcon UTE with blower six and four speed is the one import to the USA I would have paid for (new), even if I had to make payments (hated) ... But, it's one we never got
frown.gif

The Holden V8 UTE was cool, but not the same
laugh.gif

We did get the Holden V8 coupe as the GTO, but that's not the same ...

How is the insulation between the double brick? Do you'all have earth quakes?

Will you build a barn for projects and tinkering ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back