Broken Eyelash

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does a broken eyelash stay in the eye ? I'm getting tired of it--it's been in my eye since Thursday. Flushing the eye with saline solution eye wash has so far been no help other than temporary relief.

Can you actually see that it's still in your eye? You could have scratched your eye, it will feel like it's still there even though it isn't.

I'm curious why you'd think you have a broken eyelash stuck under an eyelid.

I suppose you could have a loose eyelash stuck under an eyelid (upper or lower). Or a foreign body (like a bit of grit or a metal splinter). Easy enough for a doctor to get out. Necessary too.

In a recently reported case someone had several contact lenses stuck under their upper eyelid. You haven't lost a contact lens have you?

Or you may have simply scratched your cornea - though that generally heals in 24 - 48 hours.

It's time to see a doctor. In Canada you'd go to an emergency department or a minor emergency practice.

Usually your eye will flush it out overnight....if not, then this:

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Can you actually see that it's still in your eye? You could have scratched your eye, it will feel like it's still there even though it isn't.

+1....leave it alone for a day or two.

Happens to me all the time. I've become pretty good at removing them with a clean finger tip. Try at your own risk. DO NOT touch the cornea!

I've got into the habit of gently tugging my eyelashes to remove "dead" ones before they end up on my eyeballs.

Maybe you have a stye. Soon your eye will swell up and you'll see discharge and have pink eye. Good luck!

I have eye issues. Go see a Dr. Don't mess around with your eyes.

When I visit the eye Dr, the interns and college students say "holy sh..., oh, I'm sorry. Wow, that's a miracle. "

My Dr, says, you hit the jackpot, most people go blind in one eye with what you suffered.

I'm grateful every day my left eye is ok. Not 100%, but ok.

Not that anything my Dr did helped me...

In all honesty, I wish you lived closer to me. I'd help you out big time.

Last edited:
Went to the Fresno VA. They said my eye is fine; they can't find anything in there.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: maximus
Happens to me all the time. I've become pretty good at removing them with a clean finger tip. Try at your own risk. DO NOT touch the cornea!

I've got into the habit of gently tugging my eyelashes to remove "dead" ones before they end up on my eyeballs.

I also have a habit of removing them while taking a shower.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Put a few drops of eye lube in there, preferably 10w40...
But really mb visine
:
lol
grin.gif

Guess that's better than a couple cans of brake cleaner.

I'll rub it until my eyeball gets raw, then try flushing with water. Last resort is Dr. Dinger (wife) will go at it and she'll dig in and get it out. Sometimes when she is done I fell like the eyeball is gone. She will pin me down, then gets serious, flashlight hanging out of her mouth and both hands working a variety of tools. Gets to hurt'n bad but she gets it one way or another.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Went to the Fresno VA. They said my eye is fine; they can't find anything in there.
21.gif

Scratched. Leave it alone 2-3 days.

Could be a tiny pimple that popped up under the eye lid. Have had this happen and it feels like an eyelash but it will never go away until the pimple goes away.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Could be a tiny pimple that popped up under the eye lid. Have had this happen and it feels like an eyelash but it will never go away until the pimple goes away.

Do this to check them out.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back