4. Daniel Ricciardo, 117
5. Kimi Raikkonen, 116
Constructors
1. Mercedes AMG Petronas, 357
2. Scuderia Ferrari, 318
3. Red Bull Racing, 184
4. Sahara Force India, 101
5. Williams Martini Racing, 41

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

c8aba9758c4d7899d39bda3a5657a036.jpg

Going through the uphill sweeper on the first lap without lifting is necessary to keep from being passed but on the first lap with tires that might be less than race temperature and an engine also a bit less than racing temperature running full rich has got to be the thrill of a lifetime. And the drivers know that if they don't lift in traffic they are going to do somewhere very fast and can only hope that the line that is left for them is one that completes the corner and takes them into the next corner while staying on the tarmac. The drivers talk among themselves and it appears that they all agree to take care of each other for the time it takes to get the running order sorted out.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Fixed that for you.

No, no, no. The prime concern is to maximise points for Seb in particular and Ferrari in general. In case Kimi is "laggard," the best way to do that would be for Lewis and Valtteri to collect each other at the start to guarantee a Ferrari 1-2.
wink.gif
Paint the side of Lewis's car red, and Valtteri will barrel right into it.

I love Spa. I enjoy it greatly on GT6 and Project Cars. I have an older game that has the bus-stop. The new right-left section at pit in totally kills the flow.

Someone clarify for me the limits of "grid penalty" for engine change etc. During qualy this am, it was mentioned that one driver has a 65 place grid penalty! Is this administered during one race even though there obviously aren't that many grid positions? Or does it carry over to other races meaning this driver would have to start at the back for 3-4 weeks (or more) to satisfy it? Stupid regulation either way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Someone clarify for me the limits of "grid penalty" for engine change etc. During qualy this am, it was mentioned that one driver has a 65 place grid penalty! Is this administered during one race even though there obviously aren't that many grid positions? Or does it carry over to other races meaning this driver would have to start at the back for 3-4 weeks (or more) to satisfy it? Stupid regulation either way.

He has to start at the back of the pack until the end of the 2167 season! If his career ends before then, the penalty will be passed off to the next generation driver / drivers. Welcome to the wonderful world of the FiA!
grin.gif

No, it doesn't, but they were carrying over for a while, when the rule first came out. The media stated that it was dumb and created a firestorm. FIA backed off and grid penalties more than the possible places just became penalties in name only, then Ron Dennis came up with the clever idea of opening several engines on a weekend to take dozens of grid places all at once, and not be punished down the road.

I thought the new guys running the sport were going to get rid of all the silly gar-bage.

Once again, win the pole, win the race. No passes for the lead.

Last edited:
I think that grid penalty puts him at the back of the grid at the British Grand Prix.
Time to rethink these grid penalties.

And what was up with when the DRS zones were activated?

Last edited:
So much for any advantage to "Ultra Soft" tires. The 1st / 2nd outcome would have been identical, even if both of the pink car boy's hadn't OD'd on stupid pills. And as long as I'm whining, they need to knock off this nonsense of waiting an hour and a half before activating DRS. DRS should be activated at all races, at all tracks, at the start of the second lap.

I thought the new guys running the sport were going to get rid of all the silly gar-bage.

Fans are simply finding out the hard way it's not that simple. Everyone blamed Bernie for the current turbos and hybrids and the sound and the aero and the colour of the sky on race day. Bernie admitted he didn't like any of those things and stated he had no control over them. Bernie gets replaced, and new management finds the same thing, but also finds out they're not prepared for the shark tank that is the F1 paddock.

Liberty Media, like Bernie before it, is the commercial rights holder, not race director, not FIA, and not the stewards.

Bill: I don't know what Lewis's problem was. He should be happy; he got the opportunity to play his safety car games at the front. Ironically, he was a little more behaved today. Yes, the safety car was out maybe a bit long, but it's also a rather long lap at safety car speeds. The first and last lap of the safety car take forever and a day on their own at Spa.

Originally Posted By: billt460
So much for any advantage to "Ultra Soft" tires.

Ultrasofts give about 1.5 second advantage. Hamilton just drove the heck out of the Softs and beat Vettel in a straight-up fight. Hamilton is at the top of his game now. Since Monza is even more of a power track than Spa, I expect Ferrari won't have anything for Mercedes this weekend, either.

Daniel Riccardo did a monster driving job, too, beating Bottas and Raikonnen at a track where Renault power isn't supposed to have any chance.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Since Monza is even more of a power track than Spa, I expect Ferrari won't have anything for Mercedes this weekend, either.

In theory, a couple cars working together should be able to play the DRS zones to run a few tenths faster than they would alone, and Monza would be a simple track to do it on. I thought maybe Alonso would play the DRS game at Spa by letting one car pass at turn 1 and then getting DRS to repass after Eau Rouge. He might've kept the faster cars behind for a few laps each instead of giving them DRS as well to blast by like he's standing still as soon as they caught him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back