Toro sae 30 SJ auto use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes oil for toro ?
I see it has high flash point of 254c.
In absence of noack i guess that will do.

Any drawback or advantages of blending a quart of sj rated toro with 5 quarts of pp 10w30 to thicken it up a bit ?

Last edited:
That is a decent flash point, I was looking at some SAE 30s recently and their FP was about 240 C.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
You could buy a qt of PYB straight 40 for that.
Pennzoil has no issues with mixing

Do you know the difference between pyb hd 40 and pyb 40 ?

Originally Posted By: andyd
SJ oil, sure Great stuff.

GREAT? In relation to what other oil?

Originally Posted By: andyd
But what will you use in the Toro next change?

Any oil, except what's being sold as "API rated SA"... will work

Hey there man. We had a long thread about mixing oils about two months ago. Surprisingly there was some credible evidence that suggested that mixing different oils was no where near a big a deal as many had thought. It was rather interesting to see what came out if that discussion. Funny at times really. Having said that, I would mix only amongst a similar brand. Aka Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 with Pennzoil 30 HD grade. But... There really was evidence that strongly showed that mixing different brands was just hunky dory. Ohh and speaking of mixing... My lady's Camry has 2 qts of Warren Oil SAE 30 grade, 1/2 qt of Rislone, and a qt of Coastal 30 grade in it.

Ya i not afraid to mix.
Right now i have pp 10w30 5.5 quarts
M1 0w20ep 0.5 quarts
Qs sae 30 8 ounces
Qs green bottle 10w30 8 ounces
Blend in my ford.
The right blend can be better depending on what u want.
The blend above is just getting rid of old stash though
smile.gif

Last edited:
Yes sir I hear ya on that. I have a monster brew of Formula Shell 5w30, Super S, Quaker State Ultimate Durability, Havoline Pro DS, Pennzoil Platinum, PYB all mixed together in an old 5 qt container. It totals about 2.5 qts. I am going to take it to the recycling center and they will give it to someone else who wants to take it for free. If I had OPE I would gladly put it in that.

Cool.
Pp 10w30 and pp 5w40 is one i will try one of these days as soon as euro stuff becomes affordable
smile.gif

What is your goal here?
If you want something thicker than PP 10W-30, you could use Euro cert PP or M1 HM 10W-30.
If you just want to get rid of an odd quart of oil, then mix away.
API SJ would meet the recommended requirements of the three vehicles in your sig, although an SAE 30 was not likely recommended for any of them.
I would probably not dump in a quart of this oil for an IL winter.

Back in the day in the service bay of the local Phillips 66 where I worked, we had a drain jug that got the last little bits from every "can" (round cardboard container with tin lids). We would usually fill that jug in about a week of oil changes and services. It drained everything we sold which was Trop-Artic and Sta-Lube along with customer brought in oils ...

The drain jug went in all our cars and trucks and the shop truck. Many well over 100,000 miles and running fine. Mix away - it'll be fine
smile.gif

No different than topping up when on a long road trip ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back