Recommend me a PAG oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get whatever they have.

They aren't going to have a selection of different pag oils to choose from.

I doubt anyone can make a case for one pag oil being "better" than the next one anyway.

Look for "double end capped". This is a slightly different molecule that is more resistant to water and breakdown. Also it should be sold in a metal can not a plastic bottle. PAG absorbs water easily.

You MUST use the correct compressor oil. Research and see what the specified oil is and use only that. Ask me how I know....lol.

ND8 OEM oil is a PAG46 product. The PAG is for R-134 systems and the 46 is the viscosity. There is 46, 100, and 150. The compressor design will dictate the viscosity. You need the 46 in your specific compressor.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
ND8 OEM oil is a PAG46 product. The PAG is for R-134 systems and the 46 is the viscosity. There is 46, 100, and 150. The compressor design will dictate the viscosity. You need the 46 in your specific compressor.

How'd you know it needs the 46? Not questioning your answer, just curious for myself.

If you got a Carquest or AAP nearby, see if they can get ND-Oil 8 or 9 from Worldpac. It will be cheaper than getting the OEM-labeled version. Otherwise any PAG 46 oil without sealers will work, just be aware it's a one-time shot once you open it as the stuff absorbs water.

There's a sticker on the compressor that states the design specs and oil type. The AC info label on the core support or hood might also state the oil type. Denso uses an ISO46 PAG oil for most of their compressors, electric ones use ND-Oil 11 POE oil and there's ND-Oil 9 for scroll compressors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back