Idemitsu ATF OE For HONDA ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this and Im shocked because I never noticed this.. See how it says Honda and Acura. Also I know IDEMITSU is a good company... Also we sell this at work...

If anyone has experience let me know.... (( Im probably going to hear )) (( If you have 230K miles on Honda Z1 and DW1 then why change ))

However I would still like to hear information. because I know Honda does not make there own fluids..

Also I read some stuff but they really didnt say if its the same or the difference.

Thank you

mwfj9e.jpg

Originally Posted By: David1
No one has any info?

WOW

Also I found this.

If you read the the Honda Genuine AT Fluid is... Well read.
However from what It says its real Honda ATF Z1 and that is hard to find.. However some people.. not many but some people do use ATF Z1

http://www.worldpac.com/tagged/Idemitsu-Honda-Genuine-AT-Fluid-08200-900-OES.pdf

Your link claiming Z1 is dated 26FEB2008.

DW-1 was introduced in mid-2010 and was a full synthetic compared to Z-1 which was not.

Is you ATF above a full synthetic?

Way overpriced. Just get Maxlife or Castrol Full Synthetic ATF instead
smile.gif

Those Idemitsu bottles are the same ones Napa used to use on their house brand oil. I like the long neck, which makes it very easy to pour.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: David1
No one has any info?

WOW

Also I found this.

If you read the the Honda Genuine AT Fluid is... Well read.
However from what It says its real Honda ATF Z1 and that is hard to find.. However some people.. not many but some people do use ATF Z1

http://www.worldpac.com/tagged/Idemitsu-Honda-Genuine-AT-Fluid-08200-900-OES.pdf

Your link claiming Z1 is dated 26FEB2008.

DW-1 was introduced in mid-2010 and was a full synthetic compared to Z-1 which was not.

Is you ATF above a full synthetic?

DW1 in the USA is not a full synthetic...
I have read and been told in Canada DW1 is synthetic but not in usa.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

Those Idemitsu bottles are the same ones Napa used to use on their house brand oil. I like the long neck, which makes it very easy to pour.

Well I can get Idemitsu and Enso ATF H for $5.27 a QT... I think thats pretty good.. But Ill probably just stick with DW-1

I ordered 6 bottles at work.. 5$ a bottle plus my discount..

what the heck.. ill give it a try.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

Just wanted to share my experience on the Castrol synt ATF...(for Asian applications)
My 02 Acura TL trans just screamed with that ATF... i couldn't get it out fast enough...
ended up using PC Duradrive syth ATF... now trans is very smooth and quiet...
smile.gif

Cant say anything about Maxlife, its tough to find in my end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back