B+s 11 hp MODEL 256707 type 0026-01 code 96012810

Status
Not open for further replies.
vertical flat head. 2 questions. First, what is the oil capacity? I wrote down it was a 1.5 qt.(48 oz) I only drained out 26 oz and it only 38 oz to fill to the full line on the dip stick. Should I add the 10 oz?
2 question. can I get the date of manufacture from the code TIA

These have a problem with oil backing up in the dipstick tube causing a falsely high reading. Pull the dipstick out and wipe it off. Reinsert until the cap touches the top of the tube but don't screw it down. Pull it out and take the reading.

Mk378 Thank you for your prompt reply I haven't run the engine since the oil change . I have been checking the level with the cap screwed in. I'll try it in the morning
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: mk378
Pull the dipstick out and wipe it off. Reinsert until the cap touches the top of the tube but don't screw it down. Pull it out and take the reading.

Yes, many people don't realize this.

Still - lots of folks DON'T ever even CHECK their oil level!

Thank you, Gravel Road and Linctex. This jewel is a re-power on a '77 IH Cadet 80. I got the mower about 2002. It is a very battered example. It mows and uses SAE hardware. Engine has been looked after somewhat. I have been mostly trying to bodge the worn out bushings and elongated holes on the chassis. 2 of the 4 engine mounts were sheared. Partstree wanted like $70 apiece for them. I bought 4 vibration isolators from Grainger that will work. Less than $15. I used Valvoline dino 10w30 from AutoZone and will use the leftover pint in my Toro. The engine was a minor pain to remove because it has 20 yrs of oily grass clippings and belt dust surrounding the mounts. The engine is presently on a couple 2x8s laid across some saw hosses in the yurt. Im gonna push the Inty onto some cardboard and scrape, then wash off the muck with some de-greaser. I have a new air cleaner coming too.

Yep. With a few trys to read the stick the level is 8 oz low. right at the fill line with cap jut touching the neck. Thanks again guys
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back