First Payment Due and No Motorcycle Yet ... :~(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haulbikes (Daily Direct LLC) has yet to deliver the new Moto Guzzi 1200 I bought on July 28th. First $payment$ was due today.

Currently, it's sitting in a warehouse in York Pennsylvania where it's been sitting for about a week now. Last week they transferred it from Las Vegas NV to their York facility. It passed not too far from where I live, on it's trip to the other side of the country. I had asked if they could maybe do a small deviation from their route and drop it off on the way to PA but, no. That chapped me a little bit when they said no.

So now it's waiting to be "assigned" is what I'm told. I suspect that means they're waiting until they have enough bikes going westward from PA to justify coming 600 miles or so back here, the area they passed by on the way to their PA terminal.

Given that bike sales are slowing down this late in the season, who knows how much longer it will have to stay on ice in their terminal before it gets assigned to a truck with enough other bikes coming back this way to meet their load requirements or whatever criteria they are waiting on.

The entire process is starting to wear on me, and the new motorcycle purchase experience has lost some of it's luster . . .
frown.gif

So you bought the bike a month ago and still don't have it but are expected to make the payments on it?
Smells kinda bad.
Did you at least get a memo title in the mail?
Hope so.
How about just saying that since you're the legal owner you're coming to get it?
Give this a shot and that will tell you all you need to know.
If they say anything other than yeah sure, you should start to worry.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
So you bought the bike a month ago and still don't have it but are expected to make the payments on it?
Smells kinda bad.
Did you at least get a memo title in the mail?
Hope so.
How about just saying that since you're the legal owner you're coming to get it?
Give this a shot and that will tell you all you need to know.
If they say anything other than yeah sure, you should start to worry.

Dealer is reputable, does lots of internet sales. Bank is a major national. I've received nothing in the mail, no Certificate of Origin or anything, may be with the bike. Glad you mentioned that. Going to call dealership tomorrow and inquire about the docs.

If delivery arranged by the dealer and the promised arrival date has passed then you have legitimate grounds to be angry.

But in 2 weeks you will have logged 1,000 fun filled miles and this will be a distant memory.

grin.gif

If you paid for shipping, it should have shipped to your door. If its on a CC, just cancel and buy closer to home. Sometimes saving money really isn't worth the trouble. Good luck.

Without a memo title, you can't register the machine for road use.
Also, the bike will likely need a state inspection to verify the VIN.
This thing shouldn't be on an MSO. It should be delivered to you with a title from your state.
How much money did you save over a local shop to make this aggravation worth it?

You borrowed the money and agreed to pay it back. Read the paper work. I would be rather upset myself.

Completing an UNsale would be my course of action. They have had more than enough time to deliver. Unless, of course, the agreement you signed says they can take up to xxx amount of time to deliver.

Another reason I suggested flying out, renting a truck, and bringing it home yourself.

Good luck getting it straightened out.

My god some of these posts are such over reaction.

The sky is not falling.

OP, simply express your displeasure to the dealer.
They will comp you some bling.

Everybody wins.

Or start the process of wiggling out of your contract and you turn a 2 week misfortune into 6 months of [censored].

Originally Posted By: CT8
You borrowed the money and agreed to pay it back. Read the paper work. I would be rather upset myself.

Yes... and what does that have to do with the situation of the shipping company being a week late and letting the bike linger in their warehouse with no delivery date set yet? I am still obligated to the loan, never said I wasn't.

When I call the bank, MB Financial, next week to phone in the payment (not late until Sept 4th) I'll tell them the collateral remains in the hands of the shipping company with no delivery date in sight yet. Doubt it will make any difference.

I'm betting they dropped it or damaged it during shipping. Ordered parts, trying to get it fixed before you see it.
But looks like you did it to save a few bucks from buying for a local dealer, so just be patient and think about all the money you saved.

Originally Posted By: Stevie
I'm betting they dropped it or damaged it during shipping. Ordered parts, trying to get it fixed before you see it.
But looks like you did it to save a few bucks from buying for a local dealer, so just be patient and think about all the money you saved.

You don't know much about Moto Guzzi's do you? There were no local dealers with stock, and yes $5000 off MSRP makes a long distance deal worth it when the couple few dealers closer that have stock are asking MSRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back