Maxlife synblend anyone comment how good it is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxlife SB has always done well for me when I've used it.
Even posted a sterling UOA back in August 2012.
Today's Maxlife looks like it has a dumbed-down add pack, though.
No moly anymore.
Still, lots of non-metallic adds not seen in VOAs/UOAs.
For seven bucks a jug, I think you'd be getting a good value.

It solved a weeping leak for me in my Jeep 4.0. didn't run the quietest, though. Valvoline FS w Maxlife was better in that regard. But if you don't have a noisy engine like a 4.0, sure.

I recently picked up a jug of MaxLife 5W-30 for my Camry with the $10 rebate. Add to that the $3.00 Fram TG4967 and I got myself a $10 oil change! I haven't changed it yet but I will probably do so here in a little bit.

I've only heard good things about it!

Valvoline make good oil, and their semi-synthetic MaxLife is a well respected product. To me it's a high mileage version of their DuraBlend and that is a good thing.

I've put it in dozens of vehicles over the last 5 years and a lot of customers are very pleased with how their vehicles run after being in my care for a while - part of which I credit to VML. Use with confidence.

I use the full syn. maxlife hm and am pleased with it...i think i'll get a few jugs of these and stash it...rainy day oil...or just try it out see how it is, its a good price anyway at wallmart...

noway
musta been another problem, ive never seen a motor seize in my life im 56 had been driving since 1978, timing chains gone , rod bearings,bent or worn pushrods but never did a motor ever sieze on me... closest to that would be my 70's snowblower b&s motor stopped with one good backfire...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
I've had an engine seize while using that product. My experience. just try it out

I suspect more an existing issue with the engine rather than the oil you put in it.

Originally Posted By: SR5
I've had an engine seize while using that product. My experience. just try it out

I suspect more an existing issue with the engine rather than the oil you put in it.
+1. We can assume it wasn't a "low miles" engine, I believe.

Maxlife is a good product. It's available semi-syn or full syn. I ran Maxlife red bottle (semi-syn) in an old Saturn and it reduced an oil leak, stopped the smoking and reduced the oil burning a little. I've used both red and white bottle versions (semi and full syn) but now a days I prefer Mobil Super high mileage for semi-syn and Mobil 1 HM for a full syntethic, personally.

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
noway
musta been another problem, ive never seen a motor seize in my life im 56 had been driving since 1978, timing chains gone , rod bearings,bent or worn pushrods but never did a motor ever sieze on me... closest to that would be my 70's snowblower b&s motor stopped with one good backfire...

I did have an engine seize up on me. Guess what it was all about me. I was racing a Mercury Meteor (don't recall the year but it was a 60s vintage) and the high raving engine seized up on me. Turns out it was a bad oil pump couldn't keep us with the RPMs a dumb teen was demanding out of the engine. It was the family daily driver and I busted it. Dad was not happy!

Must be a south Texas thing, previous Bitog member TexasVaquero repeatedly posted the same thing.

You don't know him do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back