Maxlife blend

Other blends I'm missing

Just wondering as some folks use synblend sand some people use full synthetic

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Trop Artic

Trop artic is no more
smile.gif

Hi Jim

MaxLife blend; tried it for the first time in my Infiniti and I'm impressed by how smooth & quiet the engine is.

They're all good syn blends, and all three of them will easily do the job in my Fusion for 7,500 miles, plus..

.. in fact, I currently have MaxLife 5w30 in my Fusion, with about 7400 miles on it, and will be changing the oil this weekend. MaxLife is going in for next fill, so I'll say MaxLife in answer to your question, since I have it on hand.

They are all good oils, but considering you can get two 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 from Walmart for $11/each after rebate,
which I've always gotten, it's a no brainer. Otherwise just buy the least expensive one.

Whimsey

Look at it this way. In the juice aisle, they offer juice blends next to the 100% juice. Which would you buy?
smile.gif

My order of choice:

1. Maxlife

2. Pennz

3. Moto

Since Grp III syn is so cheap these days either AMIR or in store brands, why even bother with a blend?

I've never been a blend fan aside from the 0w20's marketed as such. They are a *typically few dollars more than conventional and a few dollars less than synthetic.

If you want a cheap Dexos approved oil, Maxlife is probably the best bet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Trop Artic

Trop artic is no more
smile.gif

Hi Jim

A bunch of it is on the shelves still.
I always mixed up my own when synthetics hit the market. Pennzoil ended the no mixing theory.
They now say mix as you please on their website. I do believe a good ss has many positive properties. Hi Adam...

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Pennzoil because they are 50% synthetic. Ed
Define synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back