OK to use OVERSIZE (D3422, XG3600 etc) for Mazda5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have clearance and the filter size 3600 doesn't hang lower than the cradle. On my 09' camry I have room to
Spare

Yup, if you have the clearance, they will work.

The 4386/3614/3600 are easily interchangeable as far as the specs go, heck, the PH16/PH8A size could also fit if there was room (same gasket size and bypass settings, just a larger diameter can)

My 2010 Fusion specs the FL910s, which is equivalent to the Fram 3614 and the Bosch 3330, but I regularly use the FL400s and Fram 3600 filters.. and I currently have a Bosch D+ 3422 filter on the car.

Yes, they stick out a bit more, but I have never found it to be a problem.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Got a bunch to use if it is AOK.

Depends on how you define "AOK" ...

If by that you ask if the filter will fit, it's easy for you to check and see. Likely nothing bad will happen to the motor as long as the performance and size specs match up.

If by that you mean "Is there any risk to using a non-approved filter that won't qualify for any warranty coverage by the OEM or aftermarket producer, resulting in a fiscal loss, time expenditures, and emotional grief the likes of which I've never experienced before, all for no tangible benefit in filtration effect?", then the answer is it's not AOK.

Last edited:
Thank you for stopping by DN3
smile.gif

Yep, I know a filter company will not back a non specified filter. That is a given.

Have a wonderful day
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Thank you for stopping by DN3
smile.gif

Yep, I know a filter company will not back a non specified filter. That is a given.

Have a wonderful day
laugh.gif

I bought several of these filters at the WM Clearance and I checked fitment on my Escape 2.5.....the bottom of the filter is still higher than the oil pan and front frame....I don't see any problem using them in my FL-910 supplication. I haven't checked fitment on my 2014 Focus but if the bottom of the filter is above other body/engine parts ..I'll use them in that application too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back